32

"So what is this now?" He asked, staring into your soul.

You could tell he was nervous for your response. It was apparent that you would say was something he'd rather not hear.

Looking at him with saddened eyes, "Just friends. We know what we're there for every time we see each other Douma, it should stay that way." You muttered.

"Oh." Douma's eyes slightly widened, he wasn't particularly shocked but somewhat upset.

"Yea, I'll be on my way. Lord Kokushibo is gonna bust my ass if I'm not back home on time." You lied, rushing towards the door.

Before you was able to shut the door yoi heard him speak.

"You should go see Akaza, make sure he doesn't have any other intentions besides sex." He spouted coldly.

All you could do was shut the door, his response was hurtful but you knew it was true.

It wasn't as if you never thought about rekindling your relationship with Akaza.

How to go about it was something you struggled to plan out.

Douma bringing Akaza up was shady. However, it did help bring back the lingering thoughts of what you would say to Akaza.

"I'm sorry I made you jealous?"

No... sounds entitled.

"Sorry that I fuck Douma too."

Maybe, if he wouldn't kill me for mentioning Douma.

"I'm truly sorry but I can't understand why you're so hurt by the relationship between Douma and me."

That might work, it is a bit obvious but he needs to say it so we both know.

It was obvious Akaza liked me.

Do you feel the same?

No, of course not.

You had always assumed what you had for either demon was simply platonic with a side of sex. You didn't believe you could make both feel like a human.

Kokushibo had trained you in various ways, including psychologically. He repeated time over time that feelings for any demon would get you killed.

You learned to keep anything you felt, suppressed.

If it was true, are they truly demons? Am I truly a demon if I could make someone feel?

It was puzzling to figure out, questions you didn't want to answer swarmed through your head.

Whatever you had to say to Akaza, you had to say now. The walk to his dojo felt long but it was short in reality.

You couldn't see anyone through the large frame in the front, you didn't want to intrude knowing that you would most likely be attacked.

You decided to be bold and walked into the dojo. You felt a sense of deja vu from when you first met encountered his dojo.

"Akaza? I saw you earlier tonight, there's no need to hide." You called out as you walked into the main room.

You heard a scoff from behind.

"What makes you think I'd hide from a lower rank demon like you?"

You were speechless, the entire you walk you planned on apologizing but seeing him face to face...

You stood there, like an idiot.

"If you have nothing to say then I'd suggest you leave. I have plans and I don't need you of all people ruining them." He explained, rudely.

You opened your mouth to speak, but nothing came out.

He could tell you were nervous, him being aggressive and cold didn't help the situation.

He looked down, feeling a tint of disappointment for startling you.

"Listen what do you need to say? I'm here so might as well get it out."

You couldn't look at him, you could feel the future somber you'd after this conversation.

"I know a lot of things that I probably shouldn't, I know you do too. I'm not sure where I'm going with this but if you had a problem with Lord Douma and me, you should say it."

He was shocked, he didn't assume you'd be so blunt after standing in silence for so long.

"I don't have a problem with it, it bothers me from time to time but not for the reasons you think of. I was just annoyed that night for other reasons, I didn't want any of this to happen. Frankly, I do know your getting stronger in Lord Kokushibo's hands but I hate not having your annoying presence here. I just want things to go back to normal. Whatever normal we can have now."

Did he just...

...open up?

A human emotion.

Something Muzan could kill him for then and there.

You waited to see if anything would happen, surprisingly Akaza was still in one piece.

"I'd like that too," You mumbled.

You both weren't able to look at each other.

Human emotions.

Why is this embarrassing?

Am I allowed to feel embarrassed? Ashamed even?

Is this too human?

You couldn't handle the silence any longer.

"We shouldn't be doing this, we both know what our sole purpose in this world is-"

He interrupted, "It's fine, we can stick to being friends."

"However, I won't make it easy for you."