46

Akaza ran as fast as he could.

Was it even possible to run this fast? He didn't know — he didn't know anything right now.

All he knew is he had to find Douma.

Akaza wasn't looking for comfort, he didn't like Douma at all. He hated him, even pitied the blonde for how truly depressing his life as a demon is.

However, even Douma deserved the truth.

Hell, he deserved it more than Akaza did.

Akaza was creeping up towards the large district where Douma stayed.

Suddenly Akaza fell, he fell onto the floor of an unknown location.

Fuck. He was too late.

Everyone knew it wouldn't be too long till the war would end.

The last battle had just commenced.

No wonder you wouldn't go to Douma. She simply did not have the time to.

Akaza's heart ached. That would be the last time he saw the demon he loved.

It only angered him — which only motivated him to get back at the people he assumed killed you.

He kept running, he was going to get his hands on that one boy and kill anyone else who tried to stop him.

Akaza searched for what felt like hours in the large castle. Down some stairs, up some more, through one door, and out another.

He made it to one part of the castle where he could hear from below.

Akaza could hear him.

Heard his checkered haori following him as he ran through the castle. Additionally, he heard another man with him, Akaza wasn't familiar with the voice however he seemed to be tightly knitted with Kamado. Even while they were in grave danger.

With a smile on his face, he jumped down. Punching through the floor kept him separated from Kamado.

He heard the man warn Kamado.

"Tanjiro! Get back!! Above!" He screamed to the boy.

Akaza flew through the floor, immediately locking eyes with Kamado. The grin plastered on his face was almost as terrifying as the thought of dying.

"Long time no see..." he yelled at Kamado, "I'm surprised a weakling like you is still alive."

He lunged toward the boy, "Tanjiro Kamado."

Kamado's face was filled with fear and anger. He did not hesitate to withdraw his sword and face Akaza.

Meanwhile, in another room, Douma sat.

Waiting, wondering, grieving.

All while he smiled.

He would never get to see you again.  

Maybe not in this lifetime, maybe not ever.