47

You were sitting, waiting for anything and everything to happen.

Muzan had allowed you to only see one of the two, it was his sick and twisted way of seeing which one you'd choose.

It was true... even if Douma would provide the world and more loving Akaza interested you more than staying with Douma would.

However, the decision pained you. Douma was more emotional than you were as a demon. Even if he rarely revealed said emotions everyone knew.

Was it selfish of you?

Maybe, morally.

There was no time for morals.

The room you sat in was a different room with every turn. Each wall didn't stay the normal way; they had doors that led upstairs and downstairs and maybe even to the deepest pits of hell if Muzan wasn't so scared of death.

"There you are."

You heard a boy's voice coming from the wide opening you sat in front of. What caught you off guard is you couldn't see him.

You called back to the boy, "If your gonna fight me might as well reveal yourself pussy."

You could hear his angry grunts, surprisingly he's learned some self-control after all.

You knew this boy, you recognized his voice. From under your dress, you secretly grabbed your gun, cursing yourself under your breath for how idiotic you were.

Of course, that little fuck wasn't dead.

Just your luck.

The demon slayer was fast, attempting to run and lunge onto you. He managed to touch your waistband. Before you grabbed his shoulder to pull him closer, not to fight, but to shoot him in his stomach.

He was down in seconds, but unfortunately,

he didn't come alone this time.

"Masao!" You heard a woman's voice from above.

You looked up to see a demon slayer who had been observing the small fight. You knew they'd planned this well because even you couldn't feel her human presence.

Unlike her partner, she had acquired more speed since the last time you met with her. Her face was paler and less like the slightly happy girl you saw months ago.

You jumped from above to get a good punch to her gut but she blocked you well. The both of you clashed, hitting both ends of the room with loud thuds on each end.

You were quick to get up but unlike Akaza you wouldn't fight the opponent, the opponent would fight you.

The girl was far smarter than her partner, she knew this and she hated it.

She took a stance that you weren't familiar with, out of the many demon slayers you fought with her breathing style seemed off.

"Water breathing..." she began to prepare herself to leap towards you, "Second Form: Water Wheel."

Her attempt to release a flowing attack failed, it hurt to see a woman with so much potential not reach it before she died. You jumped to avoid her and stayed up top.

However, you noticed when she had switched to a standing position that she was looking straight at you. Like she knew that's how you were going to react.

"You really like to run from your problems, y/n." She muttered.

Your eyes widened, you were sure this was her way of luring you to fight back out of pettiness.

You gave the demon slayer what she wanted and jumped down, aiming to kick her in her face which you did with ease.

You sat on top of the girl now, pointing your gun straight in her face.

"What will you dress your brother in at his burial? That's if you aren't buried next to him after this." You laughed in her face.

"Now, Masao."

They tricked you yet again.

You heard Masao's footsteps, the original place where he lay was empty. His blood was there but it didn't hint at where he was now.

That's until a sword slashed your body in half. The top part of your body came off in an instant but grew back just as fast.

You ran from the scene to the other side of the room and began aimlessly shooting your gun. Expecting the unexpected was all you could do now.

"You pieces of shit are never fun to deal with. Not in this life and not in my last." You yelled at them while you began to laugh.

The two had taken different directions to attempt to attack you. Masao was definitely injured but had mastered a technique to ensure he was able to last longer in a fight.

"Water breathing... Fourth Form: Striking Tide!" You heard the girl scream.

The boy followed with a different form, "Water breathing, Sixth Form: Whirlpool!"

You shot at Masao's sword, which hadn't chipped off even with bullets as strong as yours. But it did catch the boy off and he ended up falling hard onto the floor.

As for the girl, she got a good jab at your hand, but that only gave you the chance to shoot at her leg.

With all those months of training going down the drain, you felt pity for the two.

"Yuna, are you ok?" The boy asked as she tried to collect himself.

His voice was getting extremely annoying. You were getting sick of it. How come he wouldn't die?

You pointed your gun straight at his head...

and shot.

Yuna, who seemed to have a blood relation to the boy, was in shock. It was written all over her face.

The person she spent months training for this day, was dead.

She stayed dead silent looking at his dead body as her leg bled.

"You know he was all I had. All I had in memory of my parents, the ones you killed. You've taken everything from me. And for why? To get revenge on my father?" Yuna said coldly.

You replied, "Precisely. Don't act like your father was some saint."

"He wasn't. He was far from it but he was my father. Even if your dad had killed many you wouldn't want him to die, right?" Her voice cracked as she asked the question.

You hadn't thought of your father in a long time.

You wonder what you, he, and your mother might've been doing had they not been murdered.

Maybe you'd all finally have peace of mind.

"My answer won't change anything. I've finally avenged my family, but it may not seem that way to you." You cleared your voice before reloading your empty gun, "I'll give you two options: you can join your family or you can continue living — that's if you don't bleed out."

"Do you think I'd let you get away here alive?" She said, attempting to bring herself up.

"You won't have to worry about whether I live or not, I was planning to die. By my own arms." You responded heartlessly, "Now pick or I'll do it for you."

"I'll stay here. Where are you going?" Yuna asked.

You looked down at your gun, "Hell, maybe worse."

She then asked, "No one else will die by your hand, correct?"

"Besides myself, no."

Yuna looked dead into your eyes, "Did you kill him because you were required to or because whatever love you had in your life is dead?"

"The second option really. I could've let you two live. I don't serve Muzan." You informed her.

She sighed, "I'm sorry, on behalf of everyone."