22

"Your fucking insane," you said.

Akaza shook his head, "We're only killing the men, besides you're getting a little cocky."

"But what if the demon slayers figure it out?" You asked.

"They always do, but I've done this seven times so I'm practically a pro." He reassured.

You pointed at him and laughed, he must've been insane to think you'd ever go through with something as idiotic as that.

Boy you were wrong.

"So how about this village?" He asked pointing to a village ahead.

"What if they're no men in that one?"

He rolled his eyes at you, "You said that about the last 2," he suddenly grabbed my arm forcing me towards the village, he turned to look at me with a cocky smile.

"I'm started to think you've gone soft lower moon 2 if this is so easy and you want to be strong. Then kill with me." He turned back and dragged you by your arm.

You struggled to pull your arm away but he wouldn't budge, "Listen asshole, even as a demon I know my limits. This seems a little extreme for me."

He laughed, "The last lower moon killed men and children alike, you can't even kill a village of people."

You frowned and decided to give up on pulling your arm away, "You know if my demon self takes over and I kill a child it's your doing."

He shrugged.

As you headed towards the village your heart began to beat even faster, you didn't know why you felt so scared to do what you were made to do. It felt as if you'd endanger ourselves by being here.

You were at the edge of the village, at this point you were on the ground, pouting like a kid. You were no child, but truly you wanted to do anything in your power to not murder anyone.

He let go of your arm and sighed, "I'm only doing this so you can get stronger, I'm not killing anyone tonight. You are."

Your eyes widened, "Why me?"

"Because you'll need it the most."

You got up, wiping off the dirt that had stained your dress.

There's no way he's letting me get out of this.

"I'll go, on one condition."

He nodded his head, "and that is?"

"You protect me if a demon slayer comes, I won't be able to control myself in my true form."

His eyes widened a bit but he nodded, he lent out his hand gesturing for you to shake it.

"Deal."

You grabbed his hand and shook it, the grip he had on you felt as if he didn't want to let go.

You let go of his hand and walked to the left, the first house being there. An average one-story that wasn't too beat up.

In all of the village, you counted around twenty eight houses, you predicted at least one man should be in each. Your powers would exceed at an amazing rate if you went through with this.

You pulled your gun from under your dress and made sure it was loaded, turning on the silencer so no one in the village would hear.

You made your way inside the house, quickly walking inside to see a small eating place and kitchen, to the right was a hallway filled with three rooms.

This family was pretty small.

You slid open the first door, to find two kids sleeping in their futons. They looked so good, but you know you'd get scolded for eating them. You quickly closed the door.

The second room had no one in it, it was small and seemed to be a stationary area. You closed it and went to the last door.

You opened it up to see a man.

He held a baby in his arms, tightly.

Oh fuck.

My heart sank, thinking of what would become of this family.

Get it together.

You opened up the door all the way and made your way to the father's side of the bed.

But before you knew it.

His eyes opened, he was struggling to wake up, but once he noticed you standing right next to him. His eyes widened in fear.

Tears dropped out of his eyes, he went to open his mouth. You stopped him by putting your mouth over it.

He didn't struggle, he just cried as he held the baby tightly. You pointed your gun to his head, your heart was yelling at you to not do it.

It got easier after the first house.

In the second house, a man and his wife, luckily they didn't wake up. He had a son as well, whom you also took the life of. 

Third, fourth, fifth, sixth.

You didn't even feel like yourself when you got to the fifteenth house. You'd eaten about eighteen men by this point, you felt so strong you didn't care who you hurt now.

You could feel your strength increasing.

"Iguro-San his kanji says three, he is upper moon three!" You suddenly heard a woman yell out.

You turned to look back at where Akaza was, his eyes widened. He quickly made eye contact with you, and his eyes said to run.

And so you did just that.