44

"Lord Douma, it's been a couple of days since you've greeted everyone. Are you ok?" One of his female followers said as she repeatedly knocked on his room door.

He shouted back, "I'm fine, I'm just sick."

It wasn't a lie, he felt sick or what he presumed being sick felt like.

His stomach ached, probably because he hadn't eaten in days now. Douma could feel himself getting weaker.

But he couldn't.

He couldn't eat for the life of him. Every time he saw a corpse he could imagine you, dead.

He can't eat someone he likes — liked.

Douma was angry, he disliked how upset not having you near him made him feel.

His follower's interest in his well-being peaked ever since he fell ill.

The blonde was scheming the entire time that he stayed in isolation, it was his choice to quarantine — he needed time away from all the bullshit the world brings his way.

He knew eventually he'd have to come out, Muzan would drag him out if he didn't.

"We're really fucked aren't we?" Akaza sighed.

Douma turned his head to the corner of his room.

Akaza stood there, sitting down like he was on time out. It felt that way at least.

"This is a first-time Lord Akaza, let me guess you're not here for me?" Douma asked.

"Fuck no." Akaza replied, "You know why I'm here."

"I don't know shit, if I did she'd be here on her knees telling me how much she lo-" Before he got too cocky, Douma stopped himself.

"Telling you what? She doesn't give a fuck about you." Akaza hissed.

The blonde's eyebrows furrowed, "You think it's any different for you?"

Akaza stayed silent. He knew you enjoyed being with him, but he had doubts. Did you like him or did you like what was offered?

"I can read what you are feeling by the look on your face. It's not going to end well if she does like either of us." Douma said.

"I'm not here to pester or intimidate you." Akaza responded calmly, "If she ever comes back, don't talk to her again."

"Why is that? You know she loves coming back to me after she's had it with you, frankly, I have been staying away with her." The blonde explained with a large grin on his face.

Akaza shook his head, "Crazy how you say this but you look about dead because of her. It's obvious your starving yourself because she isn't coming back to you."

Douma didn't reply, bickering with each other wouldn't bring you back. Neither of them knew what could.

The blonde spoke after a long interval of silence, "I'll stay away from her, at this point there won't be a need to since she's as good as gone."

Akaza was preparing to respond but stopped himself, did he come all this way to warn Douma about a demon? Was this the same Akaza? He couldn't recognize himself.

He was gone before Douma could tell him to.

Akaza didn't know if going back to the dojo was possible, he might flee from the life he lived right now. Might throw away this life if there's no you to be in it.

He lowered his head as he walked back, disappointed in himself and disgusted at the fact that — he was in love with you.

He couldn't question it, it was the most natural feeling that came to mind — more natural than eating dozens of humans.

Akaza cursed under his breath, his heart was filled with love for you. So cringe-worthy.

The fight for you hadn't even started but it looked like it was as good as over.

He'd prepared himself to fight and kill the most powerful demon just to be with you.

He could see the dojo from far away, and make out the small figure that stood out from the woods.

In seconds he was running.

The normal dojo he'd usually come to was different this time.

From miles away he could see it.

He could see you.

Sitting on top of the dojo.