39

You'd finally been released from the absolute hellhole that is Kokushibo's estate. A month before your release he demanded that you stay for at most a month with no nights out to focus on your training.

He believed you were going soft on him and passing that disease to his fellow uppermoons.

What scared you more than having to train for strictly a month, was the fact that Kokushibo got his information straight from Muzan.

Muzan was watching you.

You shivered, he may not be able to see your every move but he could see the effect you had on Douma and Akaza.

It wasn't even that, it was that he could crush you at any second.

Even though there was pressure to stop seeing the men or at the very least stop manipulating them.

In reality, you knew there was no manipulation going on and the real victim here was no one.

Technically, you only sought out power.

Deals a deal, so who is to blame for it all... if not Muzan himself?

You didn't care— well sort of.

You were still going to visit them even if you were working with Kokushibo now. Even if Muzan was giving blatant warnings not to.

You didn't know why you were walking there now.

Well, you did, you just didn't want to admit why.

Planning to first visit Douma and hope he wouldn't beg you to stay over so you could see Akaza.

However, when Douma looked at you softly while pleading you to stay for an hour or two, you stayed.

Akaza had never done that, it wasn't him which you were fine with.

Eventually, you made it to Douma's estate. Knocking three times at the two entrance doors of the large house.

A follower of Douma's slowly opened the door, their eyes widened at the sight of you.

"Lord Douma isn't here, he's gone out on a retreat." They mumbled before slamming the door in your face.

What a bitch.

You could've opened the door, hell even break it off the house and kill the person.

As much as you were stubborn you sighed and walked away hoping you could speak about that specific follower's behavior to Douma and get the issue... resorted.

You wondered what you would chat about with Akaza, after all, it'd been a month since you'd seen the demon. He most likely assumed you died or something of that nature.

Akaza couldn't possibly believe you left without at least a goodbye, you'd never been that rude even as a demon.

Well, that's what you thought.

Akaza's dojo was deadly silent, it creeped you out. Normally he would've been doing something near the area that indicated that he was there.

This time it was different.

Was he also gone as well?

Your answer was a big fat disappointing yes.

You groaned in defeat, neither of the men was there. It was odd to you. They would never go out on their own accord unless it was to eat.

No matter the excuse, you were upset.

You walked off into the night, pissed and slightly depressed.

Who would entertain you now?

Not Kokushibo, never him.

Maybe this time you'd entertain yourself. You didn't need the company of someone else to have fun.

About a half-hour later you found yourself in a district, but it was peculiar.

You could've sworn that you've passed by this district or even tormented a couple of the townspeople.

You didn't pay much mind to this and kept on walking.

Men, women, and even children seemed to have a good time lounging around. Even though everyone knew the purpose of this district was.

You walked by a random house but immediately turned back to look at it.

You've definitely been here before.

Suddenly, you felt a tap on your left shoulder.

"Y/n is that you?"