16

A loud burp came from the creature. If it weren't for the fact that you might've died now, this would've be hilarious.

You heard Muzan speak.

"Are you more afraid of the Demon Slayers than you are of me?" He asked.

You heard the others jump at the question, both lower moon one, and you stayed still.

Lower moon four interrupted, "No!"

"Every time you run into a Demon Slayer hashira the only thing on your mind is to flee." He said.

Lower moon four interrupted yet again,

which would be her ultimate demise.

"Oh, no that's not what I'm thinking! I'll put my own life on the line to fight for you!" She spat out.

His already terrifying tone deepened, "Are you contradicting what I say?"

Her response was to whimper, she knew she was dead. You did as well. The creature killed her within a matter of seconds. Three lower moons were dead.

You heard someone run.

Idiot.

He was running, in an infinity castle, running from Kibutsuji himself.

You saw lower moon three's head appear in Muzan's hand.

He finally announced the reason for this meeting, "I believe that the Twelve Kizuki is better off consisting of just the Upper Ranks. I am now dismantling the lower ranks."

He threw the head of lower moon three.

"Do you have any last words?"

Shit. Am I gonna die now?

"Lower moon one."

He isn't acknowledging me?

"Lower moon two is the only one who passes. She'll be useful."

You heard the lower moon one's whiny voice call out. "Yes, let's see. This is like a dream for me, to die by your hand in person!"

Is this bitch a sadist?

"And I so enjoyed hearing the other demons' last gasps!" He hailed his hands in the air.

"How truly fortunate am I. I revel in despair and agony of others... so much that I dream about them."

I know I may be cold-hearted but I'm not as weird as this bitch... maybe every time you rank up you become weirder.

"I thank you for leaving me for last!" He exclaimed.

Muzan smirked.

You saw the creature— no not eat lower moon one. But inject more blood into him.

You were determined the same fate as well. Huge amounts of blood gushing into your body. The pain was ghastly, to say the least.

Your bodies flopped like fishes on the wooden floor. Your dress was soaked blood.

"That's what I like to hear. I'm going to give you an ample share of my blood. Although you might not be able to withstand the volume of blood and die." Muzan announced.

You choked on your blood, tossing and turning. Trying to breathe but to no avail.

He continued, "Still if you do manage to accommodate it, you're sure to gain even greater strength. Make yourself useful to me then."

"Kill a hashira of the Demon Slayers."

Am I about to die?

He didn't care whether if you survived or not and proceeded with his request, "If you can kill the Demon Slayer wearing hanafuda earrings, I'll give you even more of my blood."

He looked over to you as you continued to flail around, "As for you lower moon two, if lower moon one fails, kill whoever remains."

A biwa played.

You felt yourself fall onto the cold hard floor, still trying to catch your breath, the new blood you received coursed through your veins.

"Oh, your back! I see you've gotten stronger, Lord Muzan gave you more of his blood?" Douma positioned himself in a silly way, hands on his lap as he crouched down to see how you were doing.

You nodded, the effects of the blood transfer were now over, you laid on the floor. Too tired to even get back up.

"Oh love, what am I going to do with you?" Douma asked.

"Shut up." You retorted.

He giggled, he crouched even lower and picked me up in his arms. You were too tired to care about why he did it and instead appreciated his kind gesture.

"Hmm, Lord Akaza wouldn't mind if you were gone for just a day correct?" He cocked his head at me.

"Lord Akaza would shit bricks if I showed up a millisecond late." You chuckled.

"Oh he's too harsh on you, it'll just be for a day! You can meet my followers and I'll even give you a tour of my cult." He smiled.

You thought to yourself, it wouldn't be so bad to just take a small break. My progress was skyrocketing and I'd most likely only need a month more of training. Ehh fuck it, I met get something out of this anyways.

You shrugged and looked up at him, he seemed happy with your answer and walked us back to his cult.

He set you down on his bed, which was never used. By this point you had already gotten accustomed to the new strength, you felt better than you did before.

He sat down on the edge of the bed and started to caress your face, "I know we demons don't rest but, maybe lay for a bit. What happened with Lord Muzan?"

"He killed the lower ranks, except for me and lower moon one."

Douma's eyes widened, instead of being in genuine shock like any normal person he instead began to cackle. "I expected this years ago, I'm quite ecstatic he didn't murder you with the rest. I would've been a bit depressed if he did."

Sad? He would be sad?

You got up and sat on the bed, "Why is that Lord Douma, why would you be upset if he did?"

Douma looked back at you, shocked at your question.

"I think you know why." He lightly smiled.

You tilted your head, you wanted to play dumb until he would give in to your question, "Elaborate."

He turned his body, doing a small crawl to your. Douma pressed his forehead against yours. Your noses were lightly touching, his smile grew wider, he'd been starving all night.

But this time,

it was for me.