33

"He had you do that? Not even I'm that cruel!" Douma exclaimed.

You had decided to go see Douma earlier that day, the extreme training that Kokushibo had you going through was on pause for just a night. He'd been more lenient with you which caused him to also be wary of what you do.

You kept to your promises of where you'd be going, Douma's. The first time things had felt somewhat normal with your extraordinary life.

You'd gossiped for a while over Kokushibo and things Douma heard through the grapevine. Who knew he could be so nosey?

"Yes, he is that cruel." You chuckled.

Douma replied, "I don't think I could ever make you go through that." He played with the spoon on his teacup. "Frankly I don't think I could ever train anyone."

He continued, "Besides the thought of training Gyutaro and you. I wouldn't have a heart for it."

You cocked your head, "What do you mean by that?"

Douma sighed, "If I was put in that situation I'm not sure whether I'd be too compassionate or too harsh. I don't want to see the outcome of that. It's best that you're with Kokushibo."

"What caused you to think that way?" You asked, hoping it wouldn't be a sensitive topic to touch on.

"I can't recall if I told you who I was before turning into a demon." He muttered. "I'm still the same besides the murder."

"Same how?" You probed.

Douma looked around the room as if someone was hearing you through the walls. He didn't feel safe.

"I've never felt for anything. Even now that it looks like I'm worried I'm not. I'm calm, the only emotion I've felt besides fear. Everything else is fake. I can't tell whether I'd be a great trainer or a terrible one. I'm not sure whether we're allowed to even speak to each other." Douma looked down at the small amount of tea left in his cup, playing with the spoon again.

"Well, we're the only two that can remember our previous lives. Most likely we're going to bring something with us." You reminded him.

"I guess your right." He responded.

Pure silence emitted from the room, you hated the feeling. Douma had never spoken about who he really was until now. It was uncomfortable for the both of you.

"The sun is going to rise soon I should get back." You lied.

The sun wouldn't be up for another two hours but you no longer wanted to be stuck in an awkward position.

Douma nodded his head, "Yea, yea you should go back now."

You stood up from the floor we'd sat on, deja vu you sensed from the last time you were here. Nothing seemed to go right for the two of you. You went to reach for the door when you heard a voice behind me.

"Hey, you're leaving without something."

You turned around, not even able to get a good look at him. He kissed you without warning, you kissed back.

You couldn't count how many months it'd been since we had done something that felt so ardent.

You walked out, with a smile plastered on your face. Nothing could ruin your mood now, besides the inevitable training you'd have to do when getting back to Kokushibo's estate.

Why care now?

Regardless, it was a great night.

Walking through a forest that you had memorized the path by now. The moon's shine was getting weaker with every minute that passed. Luckily you weren't too far from your location.

The air shifted. It was surprisingly colder, even when the climate was meant to be warm.

"Having fun?"