Chapter 1

"Do you have to go?" Shane asks for the hundredth time today.

I roll my eyes and pull him into a hug. "Yes."

"Promise you'll come visit and FaceTime me." He says as he steps back from the hug.

I chuckle. "I promise. You gotta visit me too." I give him a playful glare.

"Of course. I can't wait until you become big famous, then I can tell people 'that's my best friend'." That makes me chuckle, he's so stupid.

I'm already a little famous. I don't know if I'll ever get famous-famous. But Elite is a big deal. I get into the taxi the agency sent me with my suitcase before giving Shane one more wave. New York, aquí vengo.

I look out the window as the buildings pass by in a blurred line of color and think about how I got here.

It was only 8 years ago that I was briefly adopted and brought to Hartford, Connecticut from Monterrey, Mexico. I was given up to a couple at birth but they died when I was one or something. I lived 13 years in a Home until the couple adopted me. I never knew my birth parents. I don't care to if I'm honest.I always wonder why the Connecticut couple chose me. I think they just picked random.

The first couple of months in America were hard. I had to get use to speaking English. I already understood enough English before I came. I was taught in Mexico. But I didn't speak it well and my accent made it hard to understand me.

People would always stare at me because of my exotic appearance. They still do but with my really long dark silky hair, bright green eyes, and unique facial features I can't blame them, I'm hot.

So many compliments would get thrown my way. But my Spanish accent and choppy English would catch people off guard back then because I guess to them I don't really look Hispanic.

I'm honestly not sure why because Hispanic people come in all ways. I'm quite tan. But people always ask me if I'm multiracial. But thankfully now my accent isn't as strong nowadays unless I speak Spanish, so I don't get weird stares because of that. Now I just get ogled at.

After only 3 months of being adopted by the married couple. They got a divorce for reasons I don't know. But I was their only 'kid' and neither found any attachment to me so they gave up their guardianship and I was sent to a home for parentless kids in Hartford and that's where I lived out my 8 years in the US. I know some luck I have.

I started as a freshman but that didn't make it any easier because everybody already had their cliques established from middle school. I decided to join the fútbol team because I played in Mexico. I did end up being part of the popular group because of who I hung out with.

I've only ever had two real friends. But two years later Aurora became my first and only girlfriend. Still to this day I haven't found anyone that's made me feel the way she did.

She was the captain of the fútbol and cheer team even though she was a freshman. We had a couple of classes together,  that's how we first met I never understood why she took such a liking to me.

She was also the most popular girl in school. Her family was one of the richest in Connecticut they owned a lot of real estate and even a few businesses.

Aurora was easily the hottest girl in the school. I thought she was the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen and wanted to be her friend. She had dirty blonde hair, light blue eyes, and a nice tan. I wouldn't be surprised if she was a model as well now.

She took a liking to me and we became best friends throughout freshman and sophomore year.

During sophomore year I told her I was intersex. She asked me why I always went to the bathrooms in the locker rooms to change my clothes instead of being in the open like everyone else. So I told her. She didn't care and asked me if I liked girls. I told her I like one. She urged me to tell her who it was so I did. I figured if she didn't care that I was intersex she could get over the fact that I liked her if she didn't feel the same. She did in fact like me and kissed me that same day. We started secretly dating. Best day of my life honestly.