Chapter 19

Monday July 12th
Aurora's POV

Ari's playing with her toys while I'm on my phone scrolling through Kya's Instagram, liking her posts. Most I have already seen because I may or may not have looked her up in the past and found her account. I never pushed follow or liked any of them although I was tempted.

I noticed she didn't post that picture she asked about yesterday which is honestly a relief. I told her yes because I can't tell her she can't post a picture of her and Ari, she's her daughter too.

A knock on the door, that I recognize as Aiko's makes me stand up. I put my phone in my back pocket while walking to the door. "Is it Kya?!" Ari says excitedly as she runs up beside me.

I smile, that's cute she misses her. "No, it's Aiko and Li." Kya left like 2 hours ago for work.

Her face drops a little. I chuckle. "Don't be like that you like that you like to play with Li."

"Yeah, but I misses Kya." She pouts.

"She'll be here before you know it."

I look through the peek hole and sure enough see Aiko on the other side, holding her middle finger up to it. I chuckle. Shes 28 years old but the most immature person I know. But I can be immature too sometimes so our friendship works.

I open the door and she walks in, Li behind her. I don't know how she's so carefree with him. Ari always has to hold my hand or be in front of me.

She spins her car keys on her finger. "You and Ari wanna come to the grocery store with us?"

"Sure, let me put on our shoes."

Ari wanted to wear a dress today. She's wearing a collar dress half of it is black and the other side white. A black bow belt is attached around the waist.

She chose some low top black converses with it and I put on the same. I'm already wearing white skinny jeans and a black tube top.

I grab my wallet before leaving my room. Aiko and Li are sitting on the couch, Aiko on her phone.

"We're ready to go." I announce.

She puts her phone away and stands up. We go out side to her car, a black 2020 Mercedes Benz where she gets Li's old car seat out her trunk for Ari. After I buckle Ari up and she buckles Li up. We get into the front and she starts driving to... I don't know where we are going.

"What store are we going to?"

"Morton Williams." I'm fine with that but I haven't been to Walmart since I lived in Hartford.

"Ok."

I do miss Hartford sometimes, there's no Walmart in Manhattan. Just a bunch a grocery stores you wouldn't find anywhere else. There are very few you'd find in other places.

"So, how's Kya?" Aiko asks.

I smile at hearing her name. "Good. We're actually dating again." I know she'll get mad if I don't tell her and she finds out later.

Her head snaps in my direction, eyes wide. "You're kidding."

I frown confused. "No." Shouldn't she be happy for me?

She turns her head back to the road but shakes it as if she can't believe what she's hearing. "Aren't you still in the closest?"

"Yeah?" I drawl it out wondering where she's going.

"That's why she broke up with you and you guys think it's a good idea to try again? Wow you're stupid, both of you are." That was mean.

"She said said she doesn't care about that anymore." I frown.