Epilogue

One year later...
Wednesday December 21st

I leave the studio deciding to stop by the flower shop to get Aurora some for her birthday. On the way I pass Ari's pre-k I usually pick her up when get off of work because it's the same time she gets out but she's out for Christmas break.

At first she didn't like school at all. The teacher had to pull her off of Aurora and she would scream and cry. But now she loves it. Ramona goes to that pre-k too. They aren't in the same class but they do see each other a recess.

I go into the flower shop and get a bunch of different flowers some roses and an assortment of pink ones I don't know the name of. I take them to the counter and pick out a vase. The brunette women at the counter puts them in a vase eyeing me occasionally. She looks like she's in her early twenties.

"You're Kya De'Sacra. The model." She puts the flowers in the vase.

"Yep that's me."

"Are these for Aurora?"

I don't think I will ever get used to how strangers know so much about my life. I've never met this women in my life and she's knows me and Aurora are couple. It's only been a year but my net worth is in the millions. Real has signed me as one of their runway models and I get a lot of money for that every year.

Since then my follower count has gone up on Instagram. It's known that me and Aurora are dating and that Ari and Aya are my kids. People also know that Silvia and Jules are my bio-parents.

I hum. "Can you put something that says happy birthday in it?"

"Yeah." She takes the flowers to the back and comes back out with a card in it that say happy birthday.

She places them on the counter and adds up the total. "You have the cutest family. I follow you and Aurora on Instagram."

"Thank you." I smile.

She tells me the total and I pay with my card. I take the flowers and leave.

Today isn't just Aurora's birthday. It's also the day I'm going to propose. Tonight I'm taking her out to Le Bernardin. Which is a fancy French seafood restaurant. I've already bought a private table for us. Silvia and Jules agreed to watch the kids. They know I'm proposing, so does Brinda and Ryan since I asked for their blessing.

Ryan and Aurora have become closer. After last year's Thanksgiving I guess he and Brinda talked after Aurora's outburst. Since she told the entire family that Brinda cheated and that she's not actually a McCree. I guess he put it together.

His wife divorced him. Layla was a little mad that he cheated, even if her mom Is an asshole. Brinda divorced Michael. Everything is good between Aurora and Ryan. Unlike Michael he doesn't care about me an Aurora being together. Or at least he doesn't speak on it if he does and that's how it should be.

I get home and find Aurora sitting on the couch watching Ari and Aya on the floor playing. Aya really just chews on what ever toy is in her hand. Right now that's a wooden block.

Ari runs to me. "Are those for mommy?"

"Yeah."

"They're pretty. Can you put them on the dining room table, for me?" Aurora says from the couch.

I hum and do just that.

Ari holds her arms up for me to pick her up. So I pick her up.

"Today is mommy's birthday." She says.

I chuckle. "I know Mija."

"Then tomorrow is mine."

"Yep your turning five. Why are you growing so fast?"