Chapter 23

Wednesday August 25th

I get out of the cab in front of the studio used for the TV show. I'm led back stage where they tell me once I step on the stage the cameras will start rolling, which made me nervous.

I walk through the curtain and am met by an applause from the live audience. I greet the brunette women before taking a seat on the couch that sits beside her chair. I feel like I'm seeing a therapist.

She immediately starts asking me questions.Basically where I'm from and about my childhood.

I practically end up telling my entire life story leaving out Aurora and Ari of course. She asked very invasive questions but I guess I should have expected that.

One of those questions was if I had any kids, which I found strange because it's not something she usually asks because she knows the answer. I told her I have a daughter but avoided naming her.

What she says next makes my heart rate speed up.

"I'm sure you've seen the articles speculating a relationship between you and Aurora McCree after a picture of her kissing you in the cheek on fifth street was leaked. Can you confirm this?" She says all that looking upon the crowd.

I knew this show loves throwing drama onto the guests. It's why people watch it, It's why I watch it. But I didn't think there'd be any to throw on me. I don't know what articles she's talking about.

I shift in my seat. "I don't know what you're talking about."

She frowns. "Pictures of you, Aurora McCree and her daughter were taken while you were all on Fifth Street. You were holding hands and one shows Aurora kissing you on the cheek."

It's so weird that strangers are allowed to take photos of you just because your known. Should be Illegal like it is for a normal person. They had to have been taking pictures before that to even get it.

I realize my leg is bouncing from nervousness and immediately stop. I can't show I'm nervous. I'm not gonna out Aurora even if she is coming out soon.

I chuckle as realistically as possible to hide my nervousness. "No, we're just best friends. She's affectionate." I don't know what I would have said if she had kissed me on the lips and they had a picture.

She hums. "People have pointed out how her daughter, Ariel looks just like you. I have to admit my self that the resemblance is there and you confirmed you have a daughter. Is that just a coincidence or?" Why does this feel like an interrogation and who are these 'people' she's talking about.

I hesitate. "It's a coincidence."

She hums, I have a feeling she doesn't buy it but she turns to the crowd and wraps up the show. After saying our goodbyes I exit the stage. Then I leave the studio, walking home.

I look through my phone trying to find the articles Rachel was talking about. With a simple search of my name I find a lot. One is titled Are Model Kya DeSacra and Michael McCrees daughter Aurora an item? Shit her family might see if they are involving her dad's name. I have to tell Aurora.

****

"Mamá!" Ari runs to me when I close the door behind me. I hug her. "Hey mija."

Aurora also comes up to me, they never wait for me to walk to them. I kiss her lips and hug her. I decide to go ahead and tell her. "Don't freak out but a picture of you kissing me on the cheek was leaked with an article questioning if we are dating and people are suspecting Ari is mine because she looks like me." It all comes out in one jumbles breathe.

I feel her tense up and try to push me away so I back up but keep my hands on her waist.  "It's ok I told them we were best friends."

She relaxes a bit. "What about Ari?"

I give a smile and pull her closer. "I said she wasn't my daughter."

She looks away. "But your gonna be a liar when everyone finds out."

I shrug. "I'll tell them the truth." I'm sure they'll understand. Also unlike Aurora I don't really care what people think.

Her eyes go back to me revealing her worry. "What if my parents or family sees?"

I shrug again. "It shouldn't matter if you're going to tell them this weekend. It'd be easier if they find out about me on tv instead of you trying to explain it to them anyways."

She swishes her mouth around. "I guess you're right."

I grin and kiss her cheek. "I'm always right chaparrita."

I lean back just in time to see her roll her eyes.

A/N: It's been a while...