Chapter 9

We get out of the taxi and eventually find Aurora's mom. Layla and Marcus stand beside her along with some guy I don't recognize. Unsurprisingly there are a lot of people around us.

Layla is a brunette with blue eyes similar to Aurora's. She looks the same for the most part except now she has on glasses. Marcus has brown eyes and short black locs. He looks different. His hair used to be buzzed.

Aurora's mom has blonde hair and hazel eyes. I don't know where Aurora gets her blue eyes from because she looks nothing like her dad and his eyes are brown.

The mystery guy looks about our age. He has blonde hair that's combed over at the top and faded on the sides. He has a slight muscular build to him making it obvious he works out and he honestly looks like a fuck boy.

I'm sure Aurora told Layla Ari was my kid she knew I was intersex and even if she didn't. If  you know about me and her then it's not that hard to figure out.

Aurora's mom approaches me. "It's so good to see you." She looks me up and down. "Look at you. You look amazing." We hug.

I glance at Aurora noticing her obvious discomfort with the one armed hug she and Ari receive from the mystery guy. I don't like that he's touching them. I don't even know who he is. I remember Aurora telling her mom not to bring someone. Is that him?

I look back to her mom and smile halfheartedly. "It's good to see you too Ms.McCree."

She waves her hand as if dismissing me. "None of that Ms.McCree stuff now, you can still call me Brinda."

I look at Aurora again and this time she makes eye contact with me. She gives me a small smile. She looks really uninterested in whatever the guys talking about.

She looks at him telling him something before walking towards me with Ari in her arms. He looks confused as he walks away to where I assume we'll be sitting.

"Hey Dear." Brinda pulls her and Ari in for a hug. "Ari. You look like you've gotten bigger." Ari nods her head in agreement making us all chuckle. Then she looks at me and reaches her arms out towards me.

"Hold me." I smile as I take Ari from her.

Brinda's brows furrow as she looks between me and Ari. "You know if I didn't know any better I'd think Ari was your kid." I look at Aurora and see her face drop a bit in a worrisome way.

I chuckle nervously. "R-really? I don't see it." Layla and Marcus approach.

"Yeah, she looks a lot like you. Especially those eyes." She laughs. "But that's silly."

"Right." I agree. I hear Layla chuckle. I see Aurora glare at her. Marcus lightly bumps her shoulder with his to get her to be quiet. Ive always liked Marcus he's cool. He also knows about me and Aurora.

Brinda sighs. "I'm glad you came. But I'm gonna go sit down. My legs are killing me im not getting any younger."

I chuckle as she walks away. Layla and Marcus walk up to us. She reaches out to tickle Ari's arm. "Hey Ar-Ar. Is your other mommy holding you?" She says in a childlike voice, Ar-Ar? Is she a pirate? Ari nods wrapping her arms around my neck.

Layla looks me up and down playfully. "Well look at you Kya haven't you aged well or more like not at all. You and Aurora were made for each other both of you still look like high schoolers at 22." I smile not knowing if that's a compliment or not. She's exaggerating, we look 20 at minimum. "I'm mad Aurora didn't tell me you two got back together." She glares at Aurora.

"We're not together." Aurora says quickly.

She smirks. "Ok damn you sound pretty sure of that." Aurora's glares at her.