Chapter 22

Saturday August 21st

Aurora's on the phone scheduling an ultrasound appointment, to confirm that she's pregnant and know how far along she is.

Ari's sitting with me on the couch. We're playing with her Lego characters and we're making them 'talk' to each other.

I find it weird how easily I can go from despising little kids to loving one to death. Ari is a good kid, while most of the kids I've met are annoying disrespectful mierditos, so Aurora did a good job. Ari listens and she's never talk back even if she doesn't get her way.

When Aurora gets done I plan on asking her if we can go to Fifth Street. We have went to a lot of other places over the past weekends.

After a few minutes Aurora comes back and sits beside us.

"The appointments on Wednesday at two. Do you think you can get off before then?"

"Yeah." I'm sure Deven would let me."

"I hope so."

I decide to as her now. "Wanna go to Fifth Street?"

She raises a brow. "Now?"

"Yeah."

"Sure." She smiles and gets up. I set Ari down and get up as well so I can get my stuff.

****

When we get there the first thing I notice is Victoria's Secret right next to Real. I prefer Victoria's Secret, I know I'm not gonna be their runway model but they don't even have fashion shows anymore and I didn't choose to be Real's runway model. They chose me. Both have good stuff I just prefer Victoria's Secret. It's the original, REAL is new.

"Let's go to Victoria's Secret first." I start walking to it.

"I like Real better" She says from beside me.

"Why?"

"I don't know I just like their designs better. Shouldn't you like them better too aren't you gonna be their model."

I shrug. "I do like them but I like Victoria Secret."

She hums.

"We can go to Real next." I smile.

"I was planning on it."

After a bit of browsing I spot a see through black lingerie set Id love to see on Aurora.

"Please get this." I show it to her.

She frowns. "It literally shows everything."

"Exactly." I smirk.

She bites her lip making me want to kiss her. "Fine, but I'm picking something for you."

I smirk. "Go ahead."

She smiles and starts looking. She finds something similar except it's red. After checking out we leave.

"Let's go to Real now." Aurora announces.

As we're walking I get distracted when I look at her. The sun is shining on her perfectly and although I'm only getting a side view, she looks like a goddess.

"What?" Aurora asks with a raised brow.

I smile. "You're just beautiful."

"Look at you being charming again."

She stops and leans over Ari to give me a kiss on the cheek bringing warmth to the area. I'm surprised she did that, there are a lot of people walking here because it's the weekend. We start walking again but no one is really paying attention a couple wandering gazes look at is but that was happening before she kissed me. We're nice to look at.

****

We both bought some stuff from Real then now we are in Versace.

My phone rings interrupting my browsing, I take it from my back pocket. It's Reece.

"Hello." I answer.

"Rachel Doxon wants to Interview you Wednesday."

"Wait what?" I try to keep my voice calm but I'm freaking out on the inside.

Rachel Doxon is the host of a popular tv show that interviews celebrities. I've only ever seen well known celebs interviewed so I don't understand why she'd want to interview me.

He starts to repeat what he said. "Rachel Dox-" I stop him,

"No, I heard you but why?"

"Your starting to make a name for yourself. So I was able to pull some strings. This is just what you need, more spotlight."

My smile turns into a frown because that's the day of Aurora's ultrasound.

"What time?" Maybe it's before.

"Two." Mierda, that's the exact same time .

I sigh. "I can't."

"What do you mean you can't? You don't have a choice." He says with an attitude.

"I can't I have to do something." I don't really want to tell him what.

"What do you have to do?" He sounds annoyed.

I hesitate. "My girlfriend is having an ultrasound." Aurora looks at me with furrowed brows.

"You're having a baby?" He sounds surprised.

"Seems that way."

Who knows, maybe all three pregnancy tests were wrong.

"Congratulations, but you'll have to get it rescheduled or something." What?!

"Can't you just reschedule the interview?" I ask.

"No."

I technically have to do what he tells me to do, it was in the contract. If I breach the contract my career's over and all the money I have earned because of them I have to return which is about 50k already. I won't have a job or be able to ever get another modeling job because it looks bad when you breach a contract. Not only that but I like my job. It's simple for the most part.

"Fine just text me everything else." I grumble annoyed and hang up not wanting to hear anything else from him.

Aurora looks concerned as I stuff my phone into my back pocket. "Who was that?"

"My agent, apparently I have an interview on the day of your ultrasound. Do you think you can reschedule it?"

"Probably. I'll call now."

She takes her phone out and calls the doctor's office back. "Any day after Wednesday, right?" She asks while its ringing.

"Yeah." As long as nothing else comes up.

I don't really focus on the conversation except for when she says. "Friday is good." So I take it that the appointment is on Friday now.

When she finishes she puts her phone in her back pocket and smiles at me.

"It's on Friday now." She confirms.

I smile. "Thank you."

"I wouldn't go without you anyway."

I'm having a hard time believing that because she went to all of Ari's without me.