Chapter 28

Sunday September 5th

I brush Ari's hair and start braiding two French braids like she requested.

Aurora just left five minutes ago. She had to do last months rent. She was supposed to do it last week but she's been putting it off. Ari decided to stay with me, surprisingly.

"Braid your hair too." She says excitedly when I finish hers.

"Ok." I braid my hair into two French braids like hers.

I get done with mine and we go to the living room, as soon as I sit down she says, "I want to go see mommy."

I look at the clock she left only 20 minutes ago. But I miss her too though it's the weekend, I should get to spend the whole day with her and Ari.

"Ok go get some shoes." I get up and go get my air forces. Ari comes back with slip on vans.

After I put her shoes on her we leave and I lock the door. When we get to Aurora's office in the lobby. Ari runs to her. "Mommy!" She yells as if seeing her for first time in a year. Aurora's sitting behind her desk smacking her gum and looking at the computer.

She laughs and looks at me. "It's only been 20 minutes."

I shrug and sit in the chair that's in front of her desk. "She said she missed you."

She looks down at Ari behind her desk and smiles. "Is that so? I like your hair." She grabs one of Ari's braids and looks up at me. "Since when do you know how to braid, in high school I always braided your hair for you."

"I taught myself a few years ago so I could do my own." YouTube is a great teacher.

"Hold me." Ari says.

She picks Ari up and sets her on her lap.

"Is she the only one who missed me?" She smiles at me.

"Maybe I did a little bit." I smirk.

"Just a little bit?"

"Ok a lot." I stand up and lean over to kiss her on the lips.

I sit back down just as Ari reaches out to touch the keyboard.

Aurora quickly grabs her hands. "No, don't do that please." Aurora opens her desk drawer and pulls out a notepad and grabs a pen from the pencil holder beside her.

She holds them out in front of Ari. "Draw me a picture."

"Ok." Ari takes it from her and starts drawing on it.

Aurora kisses her head and turns her attention back to her computer. I take my phone out and start scrolling through Instagram.

After a few minutes she starts smacking the gum again. I find it really annoying when people smack food or gum. I don't know if she remembers but I glance at her before looking back at my phone. When she continues I frown at her and put my phone down on my lap.

I eventually see a smile tugging at her lips but she licks them and continues to smack the gum. She's doing it on purpose. Fine.

"I'll wait for you two at home." I announce.

She giggles and reaches across the desk to grab for my hand as I start to stand up. "Nooo, I'll stop."

I sigh and sit back down, leaning back in the chair and crossing my legs. "Why do you like annoying me?"

"You're frown is cute." She smiles and starts clicking on her computer again, this time not smacking her gum.

I don't look away, I can't now that I'm looking. I could seriously stare at this women forever.