Chapter 32

Thursday November 25th

Me and Aurora both put on similar tight white long sleeved shirts except she overlaps hers with a plaid cami dress and I tuck mine into black skinny jeans. My shoes are black chunky heeled boots like Aurora's. We didn't talk about matching, it just happened.

She gets Ari dressed in a white oversized sweater and black leggings with little black boots. Ari asks for her hat so she's wearing a white beanie as well.

When we get in the car and I connect my phone to the Bluetooth, I hand it to Aurora knowing she's gonna take it anyway.

She smiles. "Thank you."

"Yeah. Whatever." I mumble.

****

I park in front of her parents big ass mansion and we get out. I open Ari's door and Aurora stands beside me.

"I can hold her," She insists.

"I don't want you to strain yourself." I unbuckle Ari.

"I'm not, I can do it."

I sigh and start to pick Ari up. "Just let me help."

I hear Aurora whimper beside me as I'm about to pick Ari up, knowing she's crying my heart sinks. I should have known that'd make her cry. Everything does.

I stop what I'm doing leaving Ari in her car seat and look down to find Aurora with tears on her cheeks.

"Bebé don't cry." I cup her cheek in my hand.

She leans into my touch. "I-It just feels like you don't t-think I can d-do anything anymore. I-I'm not even that pregnant yet."

I wipe the tears from her rosy cheeks with my thumb. "I know you can do it, I just don't want you to do everything on your own. I'm here this time, let me help." I kiss her temple. "But if you really want to hold her you can."

"No it's fine, I'm sorry. I'm such a crybaby lately." She sniffles.

"It's ok." I wrap my arms around her waist and place a tender kiss on her lips. "I love you."

She hugs me back and rests her chin on my shoulder. "I love you too, so much."

"Hold me before the doggy comes." Ari says frantically pulling at my shirt.

Me and Aurora giggle and pull away so I can pick up our big baby.

There is only one car here. But it's only 9:00. Aurora's family eats at lunch time. When I use to spend Thanksgiving with Shane his family didn't eat until five. Which is around the time Silvia's family is going to eat.

The door opens, revealing Brinda.

"I've already put Bea up." She smiles at Ari.

"Promise?" Ari says trying to look behind her.

"I promise." Brinda steps aside for us to come in.

I attempt at setting Ari down but she holds onto me. "No, just hold me." Is all she says.

I laugh before following Aurora and Brinda to the living room.

"Who's here?" Aurora asks.

"Just Mom." The only Grandparent Aurora has alive is Brinda's mom. I just refer to her as Ms.Greer.

We get into the living room where Ms. Greer is sitting on the couch. Michael is sitting in his chair and doesn't acknowledge us.

"Aurora! Come give me a hug." Ms.Greer holds her arms open for Aurora. Aurora is her only grandchild and Brinda is her only child.