Chapter 13

Friday July 9th

Jenny one of the regular models at Deven's studio approaches me and I try not to roll my eyes. "Hey Kya."

I think she likes me. She's always complimenting me, touching me, and I can't tell you how many times I've caught her staring at me. She doesn't look away when I catch her either, she just sends a flirty smile. She doesn't even know if I'm single or not. I could be married and just not wear the ring.

"Hey." I fake a smile.

"Are you up to anything or are you going home?"

"Im just going home." To spend time with my kid.

"I wanted to ask you if you'd like to go to Starbucks with me for coffee." I don't even like coffee unless it's a Java Chip Frappuccino. But I don't need that.

"Now?" I try not to show my displeasure.

"Yeah."

I really don't want to go in general. I'd rather spend time with Ari and Aurora.

I fake a frown. "I was planning on spending time with my daughter."

Her brows raise in surprise. "Oh, wow, you have a daughter?" She says as if she can't believe it. I don't blame her it's not everyday a twenty-two year old has a kid.

I hum.

"How old is she?" She asks.

"Three."

She smiles. "I bet she's adorable."

"She is." I smile genuinely this time.

I have the urge to show her. I would show Ari off the every one. But I don't want to risk outing Aurora. Somebody could recognize Ari as the McCrees' granddaughter or something. It's not fair. I should be able to show people.

"So she has two biological moms, right?"

I hum.

She frowns. "Are you and her other mom together?"

"No. I'm single." I feel like a should of lied.

"Oh that sucks. Anyways I wanted to invite you to a party I have to go tonight." Im glad I have an excuse.

"I can't I'm already going to a party."

Her brows raise. "It wouldn't be Lavinski's, would it?"

"Yeah actually. How'd you know?" Please don't tell me your going too.

A smile stretches across her face. "That's the same one I'm going too. We could just go together, if you'd like." Whyyy?

I don't want to go with her.

Don't get me wrong she is pretty. Her brunette hair is cropped in a bob that frames her face nicely and she has deep brown eyes. But I don't like her, she's annoying. I don't want to hurt her feelings because then Ill feel bad and I don't have an excuse not to go with her other than not liking her.

"Sure." I say while screaming on the inside. I wish Aurora would have agreed to go when I asked her yesterday. But Apparently her parents know David Lavinski and a lot of other famous people. She doesn't want to be seen with me because they know me as the intersex model.

This in the closest shit is stupid as hell. She's a grown ass women. It might have been a dumb reason to break up with her for but it in itself is ridiculous.

I decided not tell her that if I become famous her parents are gonna find out I'm intersex. I'm honestly hoping they do. If they bring it up it might tempt her to come out, not only about her sexuality but about everything with me and Ari. Maybe I can still convince her.