Chapter 7

I wake up to my alarm. I brush my teeth and use the bathroom before leaving my room to fix some breakfast then I'll workout. For the first time I notice a few pictures on the wall. Some of them are just Ari and in others Aurora's with her.

There's her first birthday party where she's sitting on Aurora's lap in front of her cake. I feel my eyes start to burn. I suck it up and look at the next one. It shows a little Ari crying while sitting on a mall Santa's lap.

A rueful but quiet chuckle escapes my mouth. I taste salty tears as they slide into my mouth. I didn't even realize I was crying. I quickly wipe them. It hurts, I should of been there.

"Kya?" I turn a round seeing Ari peeking her little head out from her bedroom door.

I sniffle. "I'm sorry did I wake you up?"

She shakes her head. "I already awake but I don't wanna wake up mommy." My heart swells at her admittance. She's so pure. "Are you sad my mommy's not awake yet? I wake her up for you." I chuckle as I walk over to pick her up.

"No, that's not why I'm sad." I reply quietly.

"Then why."

I blow hesitantly as I try to figure out how to explain it to her. "Because I missed your birthday's."

She frowns. "You don't have to be sad. Just come for the rest."

I smile giving her a kiss on the head. "Your right. Do you want to eat breakfast with me?" She nods her reply.

I set her down in the living room turning on the tv for her before I go into the kitchen and make us breakfast. I decide on scrambled eggs topped with avocado and tomato's.

I make enough for Aurora for when she wakes up and set it on the table. I find Ari playing with her toys. I take her to her seat where I had already set out hers. I decided not to add anything on her eggs because she might not like it.

After fixing our drinks I sit down with mine but Ari eyes my plate and then hers with an adorable frown.

"I want what you have."

I giggle taking her plate. "Sorry, I didn't know if you'd like it."

If this was somebody else's kid I would say 'Que pena' but Im happy to give her whatever her little heart desires.

"Thank you." She says with a smile.

"De nada."

She looks confused. "What's that mean?"

"'Your welcome' in Spanish." I did say I'd teach her.

Her brows furrow as she tilts her head a little. "What is Spanish?"

"It's a language, like we're speaking English now. Not every place speaks English. I was a born in Mexico, a country that speaks Spanish."

"Will you teach me?"

I smile happy she wants to learn. "Of course." As we eat our food I teach her a couple of words.

When were nearly done Aurora finally appears. Her hair is in a painfully sexy messy bun. Her hair being the only evidence of her sleep because the rest of her is flawless. I didn't even realize she doesn't wear makeup except for light eyeliner and mascara. But she doesn't need that because right now shes got my attention just fine. Though I doubt that's why she wears it.

I don't wear make up unless I'm doing a shoot that requires it. I'm just too lazy to put it on which is weird for someone who exercises. But I enjoy exercising I don't enjoy putting on makeup. Besides I already get stared at enough without it and I wouldn't want to increase that.