Chapter 10

Aurora and Ari were already up and had ate breakfast. So I ate breakfast by myself while Aurora sat with me and talked. Ari played in the living room. When I got done we moved to the living room couch.

Me and Aurora didn't really have anything left to talk about so she pulls out her phone and I do the same. I open Instagram. My eyes widen when I see I'm at 1,000,212 followers. That's about 100,000 more than I was before Saturday. I was a little past 900,000 when I last checked.

Damn that's a lot in just two days. It must be from the shoot or maybe it's because Im verified now.

I exit out of it. I look at the picture of me and Ari as my wall paper. I'm not in the closet Aurora is. I should be able to tell people Ari's my daughter. Aurora is an adult It's ridiculous she still cares what her parents think about her.

I put my phone away and watch Ari as she plays with her LEGOs. I don't even know what she looked like as a baby. I need some pictures of her as a newborn and stuff. I turn to Aurora.

"Do you have any pictures of Ari as a baby I can look at?"

Aurora puts her phone away as she looks up with a smile. "Yeah I have a bunch. I can go get them."

"Please." I say. She gets up to go get them.

She returns with a bunch of photo albums. Ari notices and rushes over to us.

"I wanna see too." She climbs onto the couch beside me.

Aurora sits beside her and hands me one of the albums. I open it. The first picture is of Aurora holding Ari in the hospital. She looked so happy holding little Ari.

I furrow my brows when I notice Ari has a head full of black hair.

I look up at Aurora confused. "Do you dye her hair?"

She chuckles. "No, it grew in blonde." She grabs the book from me and starts flipping through it before stopping and handing it back to me. It's a close up of Ari as a baby. "Her eye brows were a light brown." I look closer and see her barely visible eyebrows were indeed a light brown.

I decide to take a picture of it with my phone so I'll have it on there instead of just keeping them.

Ari scrunches up her face as she looks at the close up picture of her. "That's me?"

"Yep."

She frowns even more. "Why do I look gwoss?" I snort. I think newborns are pretty ugly but I think Ari looks cute. Maybe I'm biased.

Aurora reaches over and sits Ari on her lap. "You don't look gross. You look beautiful." She kisses her on the cheek.

"You don't think I look gwoss?" She asks innocently.

Aurora hugs her tighter. "No never. I think you are the most beautiful baby I've ever seen. You look a lot like Kya and she's beautiful."

She smiles at me and stupid butterflies fill my stomach as if I'm a teenager again. She called me beautiful. Plenty of people do but it's not the same as when she says it.

Ari pouts as she looks at Aurora. "I want to look like you too." That's cute. There isn't a word to describe Aurora's beauty. Maybe perfect but even that doesn't do it justice.

Aurora chuckles. "We have the same hair color and you have some of my features too. You look like both of us." She kisses Ari on the head.

Ari frowns. "No we don't. Yours is grey."

Aurora chuckles. "It's actually silver. But yes we do I just dye mine."

"I wanna match hair with you." Ari pouts.