Chapter 30

Sunday September 12th

When I open my eyes I see Ari lying in between me and Aurora, her own eyes wide open.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"Mommy says I can sleep in here every nights."

Aurora giggles and turns to face us. "No ma'am, I said you could last night. She woke me up because she had a bad dream."

"Not every nights?" Ari pouts.

"No not every night, you know that. Your only doing that because you think Mamá will let you. But she's not either."

I hug Ari and look at Aurora. "How do you know?" I challenge her.

She tilts her head and gives me a look that speaks volumes, night is the only alone time we get. I do love our alone time too I much to give it up every night. Sorry Ari.

"Mommy's right, you're a big girl and big girl's sleep in their own room."

"You not sleep in your own room." She pouts even more.

"Because me and mommy are together." I counter.

"You can sleep with us sometimes just not every night." Aurora says.

"I guesses." Ari huffs as if she had a say.

Me and Aurora laugh.

****

Jules and I met up again at the same place. We've been talking a bit before she goes to meet Aurora. I'm curious as to why she got a divorce so I ask.

"If you don't mind me asking, why did you get a divorce?"

She sighs. "She cheated on me. We'd been for 7 years. She admitted it'd been going on for a few years and was only with me for the money. She got half of it when we divorced because I didn't make her sign a prenup. She's with the guy and they have a daughter." My eyes widen, that's so fucked up.

"That's terrible."

She shrugs. "Yeah but I just look at the bright side, my son."

"Is that what you wanted, kids?" I ask.

She chuckles. "Yes, I wanted a few with Deja. Jayden was only three when we divorced." That was three years ago. "But I'm alright with two." She smiles.

"Do you want to get remarried?"

She chuckles. "I don't know I'm a bit old for that now."

"You're never too old to find love, I'm sure you will." I smile

"Maybe."

Out the corner of my eye I see a familiar figure enter. She doesn't see us as she goes up to the counter and orders. Jules eyes follow to where I'm looking. "Is... that Silvia?" She asks surprised.

I look at her but her eyes remain on Silvia."Yeah." After Silvia orders she looks around and spots us. She waves at me and comes over after getting her drink from the barista.

"Hey Kya." Silvia smiles.

"Hey." I smile.

She does a one over of Jules.

"You must be Jules, I'm Silvia." She smiles and holds out her hand.

Jules stares at her as if I'm a trance and it takes her a second to shake her hand. I hold in laugh because somebody clearly still has a crush. "I- Yes, I know who you are." Their hand shake lingers longer than it should. Silvia doesn't seem to mind though.

"I hope you have forgiven me for not trying hard enough to find you. I just really didn't remember that night and in the morning you were gone." Silvia says.

"I should be the one apologizing, I left I the morning."

Silvia shakes her head. "I can't let you take the blame. In the end I was selfish and gave her up. I should have took responsibility." Silvia smiles at me. "I must say I am proud of what she has become all on her own.

A lump forms in my throat but I clear it and give them a watery smile. I've never heard that before.

Jules smiles at me too. "It is impressive."

Silvia sighs. "Well, It was nice meeting you but I should leave you two be, this is your time to spend with Kya."

"Actually we were planning on going to my house so Jules can meet Ari and Aurora. You should come." I invite her.

She frowns. "I wouldn't want to intrude. Ari's already met me."

"No, you wouldn't be, you should come." Jules insists.

She hesitates. "I guess if you insist. The last time I saw Aurora was at the party and it's been even longer since I've saw Ari."

"We can walk unless you two prefer driving." I say standing.

"Walking is fine." Silvia says and Jules agrees.

****

We arrive at the house and when we step in Ari runs to me as always.

"Mama!"

"Hey Mija." I pick her up. Aurora approaches as kiss Ari's cheek.

"Hey Silvia." Aurora hugs her.

"It's strange that this whole time we've known each other you've had my granddaughter." Silvia says pulling back from the hug.

"Right?" Aurora says before turning to Jules.

Jules holds out her hand for Aurora to shake. "It's nice to meet you."

Aurora shakes it. "You too. I've wondered where here beautiful eyes come from." I see she's trying to charm her.

Jules chuckles.

"Hey Ari, do you remember me?" Silvia asks.

Ari nods.

"You've gotten so big."

Ari nods again. "I'm thwee!" She smiles and holds up four fingers but looks at them and changes it to three. "This right mommy?" She holds them up to Aurora.

Aurora giggles. "Yes it is."

Ari looks at Jules and tilts her head. "Are you girlfwiends?" She points between Silvia and Jules.

Me and Aurora both chuckle.

Jules stutters, and I thought she was a bad ass. "N-No, we're not." She plays it off with a laugh.

Silvia only chuckles.

"We can sit if you'd both like." Aurora suggests.

"Sure." Silvia says.

We go to the living room and I sit beside Aurora. Ari sits on my lap. Aurora has two couches. One love seat to the right of the one in front of the TV. That's where Jules and Silvia sit.

"Your house is nicely decorated." Silvia says looking around.

"Thank you." Aurora says. I didn't pick or decorate it so I don't say anything.

"So how did you girls meet?" Jules asks.

I tell our story and we all talk for hours about different stuff. They stayed for dinner and Jules offered to drive Silvia home so they left together. Silvia was only nearby because she had to go to the Elite building.

A/N: I posted a chapter to a new story just to let you know. It's very different from this one but it is intersex. If you read it let me know what you think.