Chapter 25

"Didn't know that he knew what?" Aurora asks her.

Brinda hesitates. "Michael isn't you're dad, I didn't know he knew you weren't his." She says it lowly I assume so Elena and her husband can't hear.

Aurora doesn't say anything and only stares at Brinda.

Brinda looks at Elena who's watching intensely. I don't think she heard, I'm sure she'd say some smart ass shit if she did.

"I promise I'll tell you everything tomorrow." She gives Aurora a hug even though she still hasn't spoken. "I'm gonna go talk to Michael. You should go home. I love you."

Aurora watches her mom walk away. Then she stands up and hands me a still sleeping Ari before glaring at Elena. "Why are you such an asshole? What did I or Kya ever do to you?"

"Exist." Elena says casually, unaffected by Aurora's words. I can't believe she's in her thirties.

Aurora curses under her breath and grabs my free hand "Wait, really why don't you like them? They seem like nice people." I hear her husband ask in a loud whisper behind us as Aurora drags me into the hallway.

"That! That right there is my fucking problem everyone likes them except for me and dad! Even knowing that freak has a penis people still like her, it's ridiculous. It's also not fair that Aurora gets to be pretty and blonde, since she wastes it by being a lesbian." We can't see them but we can hear her since she's being quite loud.

So she's jealous, kinda feel bad for her, I mean she isn't ugly but she's not Aurora or me. If she wants to be blonde why doesn't she dye her hair?

When we get outside Aurora doesn't say anything. She honestly looks likes she's holding back tears.

"Are you ok?" I ask.

"Yeah." She sighs, I can hear the broken ness in her voice. She takes sleeping Ari from me and kisses her head that lays on her shoulder.

"Can you call a taxi please?" She looks at the ground in thought.

After I call the taxi I put my phone in my back pocket and wrap my arms around her. "It's ok to cry, you know."

She buries her head in my neck and sniffles. "Sorry, It's just a lot to process." She mumbles.

"Don't be sorry." I kiss her head and rub her back.

We stay like that, her silently crying with her chin on my shoulder until she pulls away.

"The taxi is here." She wipes her eyes with her hand that isn't holding Ari.

I take Ari from her and put her in the car seat as gently a possible to not wake her. The I get in beside Aurora and tell the driver our address.

Aurora lays her head on my shoulder and wrap my arm around.

****

When we get home Aurora takes Ari to her room to lay her down.

She comes back and sits beside me on the couch, she still looks sad.

I slide over to her and pull her on to my lap. "I'm proud of you."

"Don't be, I know I said I would tell them but I don't even know if I was really gonna do it if I'm honest, I was having second thoughts. It just pissed me off when he tried to degrade you just because of how you were born."

I chuckle still finding it funny that he called me creature. "It's ok because you did it and now it's over with."

She giggles a little. "It was stupid what he said, I understand why you laughed. A part of me is relieved that I'm not related to him and Elena." She groans. "I hate her so much. I'm sorry about everything she said, about what both of them said."