Chapter 16

Saturday July 10th

I wake up staring at the ceiling of Ari's room. Aurora and her aren't in here so I assume they're already up.

Last night replays in my mind. It felt like something was pulling me to Aurora plus I could just see the desire in her eyes. I didn't have to give in but I did and I don't regret it one bit. I hope she feels the same.

I was looking forward to my turn but getting her off was enough. Even kissing her would leave me satisfied. I love the feeling of her soft lips against mine.

She wouldn't look at me why we were laying down which hurt a little because I couldn't stop looking at her. She just stared at the ceiling until she went to sleep.

I get off of Ari's bed and run my hands through my long hair trying to tame it as I leave her room. I love my hair but it's a pain.

When I get into the kitchen I see Aurora sitting at the table eating pancakes with syrup drizzled over them. Ari is eating the same thing but hers are cut up. Ari and her both have a drink set off to the side, Ari's in a sippy cup.

Across from Aurora is another plate with pancakes on it like hers and a glass of what looks like orange juice beside it.

"Hey." I greet Aurora.

She doesn't look at me. "Hey." She points to the plate and drink across from her. "That's for you."

"Gracias." I sit in front of her.

I look at Ari beside me. "Good morning princesa."

"Good morning. Mommy said we're going to the big park today!"

"I know! Are you excited?"

She nods with a grin on her face.

"We can watch Moana when we get back?" She asks me. I don't know what that is but I'll watch whatever she wants.

"Sure." I cut up my pancakes.

I look at Aurora, she's still looking down at her food her head now resting in her left hand.

But it does give me a clear view of the markings I left on her neck. I feel a sense of pride knowing I did that. I smirk as I take a sip of my orange juice.

Ari finished before us and I let her out of her seat. She runs to the connected living room when I set her down on the floor and I swear Aurora started eating faster.

Now I can talk to her about yesterday.

I slide my plate in front of the seat that's beside her. Then I move to that seat. She still keeps her eyes on her plate.

"Did you make these or are they store bought?" I ask before shoving the fork with pancake in my mouth.

"I made them."

"Well, they're really good." I smile even though she's not looking at me.

"Thanks." She continues looking at her plate as she eats. Why is she being weird?

I set my fork down. "What's wrong?" I ask gently while I unconsciously place my hand on her thigh.

"Nothing." She answers as she looks down at my hand. I remove it quickly when I realize. "Sorry."

She slowly lifts her head in my direction allowing me to see her gorgeous eyes.

"It's fine." She gives me a small smile and takes a little bite of her pancake.

"We should talk about last night." I find the courage to say.

She frowns. "Could we wait until tonight, when Ari's asleep?" I don't mind.