Chapter 3

When we get to my apartment I unlock it and invite them in. Even though it's technically hers. It has a modern feel to it and it's already furnished. After I blow my nose and let Aurora do the same we leave. I make sure to lock the door.

Aurora leads the way. I walk alongside.

"Do you want me to carry her?" I ask.

Aurora looks at me with a dumbfounded expression as she continues to walk. Ok damn I was just tryna hold my kid I didn't know about.

Apparently there was a Ben & Jerry's not far from the complex. It's in the middle of downtown. It only took us 5 minutes.

Aurora sets Ari down beside me. "Take her to sit somewhere, I'll get her ice cream."

"Mint chocolate chip right?" She asks Ari who shakes her head in agreement.

Then Aurora walks off to the counter leaving me with Ari. I take Ari's little hand and walk to the closest vacant booth.

When we find one she immediately climbs into the booth. I slide in beside her. This is good time to get to know her I guess.

I turn to her with a smile. "When's your birthday?"

"Mommy said December and that I was her birth-day pwesent." Aww that's cute. This hurts. I missed two of her birthdays and her actual birth. It doesn't sound like a lot but I shouldn't have missed any.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there for your birthdays." I caress her face as a tear falls down my own.

"Its okay." She says with a pout.

She crawls over to me and wraps her little arms around me.

"Don't cry anymore." She says still pouting. I began to sniffle. Ari you're not helping.

"I'm sorry." I get out. This is humiliating.

She climbs onto my lap and proceeds to hug me. I put my arms around her in an embrace. She lays the side of her head on my chest. I can't stop fucking crying.

It makes me wonder how my parents could give me away at birth. I don't even know Ariel but I can't help but love her already. She's a part of me. I want to give her everything she wants and more.

Aurora finally comes back with the ice cream. Took her ass long enough.

Surprisingly she doesn't comment on my emotional state. I wipe my tears on my sleeve. Aurora gives me a sad smile before offering me one of the napkins that was wrapped around the ice cream cone. She hands Ari who's still in my lap the ice cream.

"Thank you mommy." Ari says sweetly.

I use the napkin to blow my nose before throwing it in the little trash can against the wall. I want to confirm her birthdate.

I look at Aurora."When's her birthday?"

"December 22nd. Day after mine." I swallow the lump in my throat. She was in the hospital in labor on her birthday and all alone, that sucks. I shouldn't feel bad it's not my fault she didn't tell me. But then again if I hadn't broken up with her we probably wouldn't be here.

Catching me off guard Ari extends her ice cream really close to my mouth causing me to lean back wide eyed in order to avoid it.

"Try some. It'll make you feel better" She says really cutely might I add. But she can't seriously expect me to lick that after she has her saliva and probably some snot in it plus her nasty little hands are holding it. I know she is a part of me but kids are dirty beings.

I hold back a look of disgust and politely decline. Aurora lets out a giggle. Ari shrugs and retracts her ice cream from my face then licks on it a bit before standing up and leaning across the table. She holds her ice cream out to Aurora.

"Mommy do you want some?" To my horror Aurora grabs the cone and takes a couple of licks. I've never cringed so hard.

"Thank you baby. Your so sweet." Aurora says licking the ice cream off her lips. I can't help but stare as she licks it off. I wonder if they are as soft as I reme-. You are here to spend time with your daughter.

"So Ari what're some of your favorite toys? I've got a lot of presents to buy."

"I like all toys." She says in a duh tone before continuing with her ice cream causing me and Aurora to chuckle.

"I bet but Which ones do you like the most?"

"I like big Lego." She says excitedly while moving her arms out to express 'big' causing me to look at Aurora In confusion.

My brows come together in confusion."¿Que?" The fuck is a 'Lego'.

Aurora chuckles. "She likes the big legos, like Duplo." No idea what that is. But thank god for google.

"Oh yeah." I act as if I understand.

"So after this when can I see her again?" I ask.

"Whenever you want. Just give me your number and let me know."

I tell her my number and she types it into her phone. Then she calls mine so I'll have her number.

"I wanna hold mommy now." Ari proceeds to climbs onto the table melting ice cream cone in hand and crawls to Aurora across the table who sets her on her lap.

I think mommy's the one doing the holding but I decide not to comment because it was cute. Totally didn't hurt my feelings and my ego. I need to keep in mind I'm a stranger to her.

"So you got signed by Elite Modeling. That's a big deal." Aurora says.

I reply nonchalantly. "Yeah, I guess."

"Your famous." She says like it's a big deal. If I am I didn't know. Sure if you google me I have a page but nobody cares.

I sigh. "Not really." It's true I'm not famous and I'm fine with that.

She raises an eyebrow. "Why do you say that?"

"Because I'm not." Obviously.

She rolls her eyes. "Whatever."

We talk a bit more. I tell her how and when I became a model.

When we get done we walk them back to their apartment. Once in front of it I hug little Ari and we go our separate ways after planning to meet tomorrow. I'll make sure to be there by 11:00am tomorrow.

I planned on using tomorrow for exploring New York. Maybe Aurora and Ari can give me a tour.

When I get into my apartment I instantly pull out my phone. I've gotta tell Shane. He isn't gonna believe this! Me a mom?! He knows that I'm intersex and I've told him about Aurora before but he doesn't know her.