Chapter 31

Sunday November 21st

"Wake up." Aurora says above me.

We're going to church today with Brinda. Apparently she's started going to church that accepts gay people.

I groan still laying with my eyes closed. "What time does it start again? I don't like waking up early."

She giggles and straddles stomach. "The service starts at ten. We woke up one hour earlier than usual. But you don't have to go if you don't want to."

My eyes open and hands go to her thighs. "Remember what I said?"

She smiles and pecks my lips. "You'll go anywhere that I go."

I hum.

"Shower?"

"Yeah." I answer and she climbs off of me. I get up with her.

We take a shower. After brushing our teeth and hair we get dressed. I put on a black turtleneck that I tuck into my skinny jeans, paring it with some black heeled boots.

Aurora puts on an off-white long sleeved jumpsuit that shows off her little baby bump. She matches it with white boots.

We found out we're having another girl a few days ago. We chose Aya for the name already. Aurora wanted the name to be a derivative of one of our names or at least close.

"I'll go get Ari up." I say.

"Ok I'll make breakfast."

I leave our room and go to Ari's where she lays sound asleep.

"Ari." I call.

She doesn't budge. "Mija." I tickle her belly this time.

She whines. "Sleep." Her eyes remain close, that one hour is important.

"You gotta get up, we're going to church with grandma."

Her eyes open, I knew that would get her. "Gwandma?"

I nod. "We have to eat breakfast first."

She huffs but holds her arms up for me to pick her up. We go to the kitchen and I set her on the counter beside where Aurora is making omelettes.

"Good morning baby." Aurora kisses Ari's cheek.

"It's still sleep time." Ari says rubbing her eyes sleepily.

Aurora scoffs as she glances at me. "You and Kya are ridiculous it's a one hour difference." She goes back to what she was doing,

After we eat, Aurora puts Ari in a white and beige long sleeved dress with white leggings and beige boots.

We get into to our new car, a dark blue Dodge Charger. We got one because we'll need it for when Aya gets here, although Aurora's due date is in April which is five months away.

I turn the car on and connect my phone to the Bluetooth. Aurora puts the address for the church into the GPS while I put on Telepatía. Just as I'm about to put it down Aurora takes my phone out my hand.

I frown. "What are you doing?"

"You got to pick what we listened to last time. I don't want to listen to Spanish music, I can't understand it." She says.

That song has English too.

"I'll pick a good song I promise."

She puts on a familiar song.

"What's this?"

"The Bones by Maren Morris and Hozier remember?"

"I don't, I'm surprised you didn't put on Taylor Swift's Speak Now album. That's usually your go to."