Chapter 12

Thursday July 8th

Deven stops me as I'm about to leave the studio.

"Hey. You know who David Lavinski Is right?"

I nod. "Yeah. The designer?"

David Lavinski is the owner of Lavinski— a big designer brand.

"Yeah. He's throwing a party tomorrow night and Reece wants you to attend it. He said you need to put yourself out there more and that's the way you do it. Mingle a little. A lot of A-Lists are gonna be there."

I frown. He makes it sound easy. "He thinks celebrities are gonna want to talk to me?"

"Yeah, you're starting to make a name for yourself. If you befriend a few celebs it'll up your reputation."

"Ok."

"Great, he'll send you the address. It's a formal party so dress to impress."

I hate dressing formal because the dress usually has to be long. If that's the case I'm just gonna wear a jumpsuit or a pants suit.

"Can it be a thigh length dress?"

He chuckles. "Yeah. They don't take that too seriously. It's a casual cocktail party."

"Go it."

I exit the studio and decide on stopping by the grocery store. Aurora doesn't want to take my money but she can't not take groceries, I also need to buy healthy alternatives of alot of the foods that she has. Being a model, obviously I have a strict diet. While I'm there I buy a little bit of everything. Mainly foods that I know Aurora likes and of course more kool-aid for my sirenita.

I end up going over board and have to call an Uber to transport the groceries, I'm strong but I can't carry twenty bags in each hand. When I arrive at the apartment the driver kindly helps me take everything to the small porch before he leaves.

I unlock the door and step in with some bags in hand.

"I bought groceries." I grin and walk in spotting her sat at the couch. I head to the kitchen not giving her time to complain.

Ari comes out of no where and wraps her arms around me legs. "I missed you." A smile stretches across my face and my heart flutters at her admittance.

"I missed you too mija. But I need my legs to get the groceries in." I smile down at her.

She lets go and follows as I walk into the kitchen. "We got me more LEGOs at the store todays and I've been waiting for you to play with me." Mi corazón can't handle this.

"We can play when we get everything put up." I assure her as I set the bags on the counter as Aurora walks in carrying some bags herself.

"She kept asking when you'd be here and she wanted me to play with her until you got back."

"You're more fun than mommy." Ari whispers rather loudly.

"Wow Ari." Aurora feigns hurt. As she sets the groceries on the counter.

Ari giggles and I do the same. We continue carrying the groceries in until their are no more left on the porch, it only took five trips from us both. Ari even helped carry some of the light things, which she was quite proud of.

"We play now?" Ari asks, looking up at me with big hopeful green eyes as me and Aurora work on putting everything away.

I wish I could say yes. "After I finish putting the food away." I give her a small smile.

Ari starts to pout in disappointment.

"Go play with her I got it." Aurora says with a smile.

"You sure?" I double check.