Chapter 27

Wednesday September 1st

I walk out of my dressing room ready to go home. I see Silvia standing by the exit when I get closer. What's she doing here?

She smiles when she sees me. "I was waiting for you to get done, I have something I want to talk to you about."

I look behind me to make sure she's talking to me because what could she possibly want to talk to me about.

"Ok." I try not to sound surprised.

She starts walking towards the studios exit and I follow behind her. I take my phone out to text Aurora that I'll probably be late and why.

When we get outside and I'm still following her she starts talking. "Are you settling in nicely, you've been here for two months now right?"

"Yeah, everything's great."

"That's good. I watched your interview and it's none of my business but something tells me you lied." She smirks.

"Yeah I did because I didn't want to out Aurora."

"I heard a rumor that the McCrees daughter came out as a lesbian."

I smile. "That's true, that happened shortly after the interview."

"That's what I thought plus Ariel has to be your daughter. She looks just like you when you were her age." She smiles as if that's a normal thing to say. How does she know what I looked like?

"What do you mean?" I start walking slower and frown.

She gets serious. "That's what I really wanted to talk with you about." She sighs and hesitates. "I think I might be your mother."

I stop walking, she stops as well. "Why would you think that?"

She zips open her wallet she's carrying then takes out what looks like a picture. She gives it to me. "Is that not you?"

I look at the picture there is no denying that is two year old me with the couple that adopted me. I have the same picture. My black hair was short but my eyes were the same bright green. It does look just like Ari.

"Watching your interview only confirmed my suspicions. I wasn't sure it was you at first because I thought I had a son. But the thought did cross my mind when we met at that party. I thought I was looking in a mirror. Ariel looks just like that picture. When I said you reminded me of someone I was talking about her."

I look at her as the gears in my head turn.

She's a model with a net worth of a billion dollars and she gave her child up for adoption. What kind of fucked up logic is that?

I frown still looking at the picture feeling my anger turn into hurt. Was it just me? Why didn't she want me?

I ignore the burning sensation in my throat. "You gave me up." I whisper in a cracked voice still looking at the photo. "Why? Why didn't you want me?" I blink away the tears wanting to fall before looking at her.

"I promise it had nothing to do with you. I just didn't want a child at 16, I was a child myself. I had dreams, I wanted to make it big in the modeling industry and as stupid as it sounds I felt like a child would hold me back. I had no idea who your father was because it was a one night stand at a New Years Eve Party. I was drunk and couldn't remember a thing. I didn't want to be a mother so I gave you up to the Echave's couple. Their names were Diego and Martha, like you said in the interview. They wanted a child but couldn't have one of their own. They did agree to send me a picture of you every year but after the second year those stopped. I tried contacting them but they never answered and now I know why. But I just assumed at the time that they didn't want to anymore, you were their child not mine. I gave away my rights. I'm sorry, It was a mistake. When I finally became an A-list celebrity the fame that came with it went to my head and I shut everybody out for years, my friends, and my family. I've never even dated. I feel like I don't deserve to have a family because I gave you up."