Chapter 14

Me and Aurora are waiting on the lobby couch. She's on her phone.

Do I sit in the front or the back? I wanna sit in the back with Aurora. But I feel like that would be rude. Jenny isn't supposed to be a car pool.

5 minutes later my phone vibrates. As I suspected it's Jenny saying she's here in a red Tesla.

"Jenny's here." I say as I stand up. Aurora follows beside me.

"You don't care if I tell Jenny Ari's my daughter?" I ask her as we walk to the lobby's double doors.

She chuckles. "You can do whatever you want. She knows Ari. But are you just gonna randomly tell her? Like 'Hey Jenny, did you know Ari is my daughter.' cuz that's kinda weird."

I chuckle. "No, just if it comes up."

"I don't even know why you're asking me. It's very thoughtful of you though." She smiles at me.

"I don't know... I just feel bad." I say honestly. I kind of feel like im outing her if I tell people.

She pats my arm. "Don't, you should be able to tell anybody about Ari."

We get outside the lobby and see Jenny's red Tesla parked out in the front."

I get into the passenger seat and Aurora slides into the back.

"Jenny?" Aurora says from the back seat. She actually sounds surprised to see her.

Jenny looks at her in surprise. "Aurora? You're Kya's friend?"

"Yep."

"Hmm, small world I guess." Jenny shrugs.

Aurora hums in agreement.

"I'm surprised to see you without Ari. She's always with you." She says as she drives.

"Yeah, she's staying with a friend." Aurora says sounding distracted. She's probably on her phone checking on Ari.

Jenny glances at me. "What about your kid?" I bite my cheek.

"Umm, Ari is my daughter too."

Her head snaps in my direction, her eyes wide.

I give her a tight lipped smile.

"You can't tell me stuff like that while Im behind the wheel. Are you trying to Die?"

I snort. "You seem to be handling it quite well." Honestly.

"Wow. So Aurora, you like women?" She asks in amusement.

"Yeah, I'm a lesbian." Aurora replies.

"I wish I would have known that a long time ago." Huh?

"Why?" Aurora asks.

"I'm bisexual and your... you." She says the last part in a flirty tone making me twitch in annoyance.

Aurora giggles. "Oh."

"I take it your parents don't know?" Jenny continues.

"Yeah that's why they always try to set me up with Ian." She says his name with disgust.

"My parents don't know I'm bi so you don't have to worry about me telling them that you'd much rather be set up with me." I glare at Jenny. Is she seriously flirting with her while I'm sitting here.

Aurora chuckles. "Honestly yeah. But thank you."

She glances at me and laughs. "No need to look at me like that, it was a joke... for the most part." She just got more annoying.