1: The Move

Nico Di Angelo, age 6, had to move. He didn't know why and he didn't care to ask. His mother and older sister were packing their bags when his father pulled him aside.

"Nico, when you, Bianca, and your mother move, I will not be able to go with you." His father said, holding his son's wrists lightly.

"But why?" Why? It was the question he asked frequently, yet it never seemed to get answered as much. "Why aren't you coming with us?"

"You'll know when the time comes, mi angelo." Angel was the nickname for him and Bianca. It was their last name so why shouldn't it be? His father let go of his wrists so he went to ask his mother.

"Mama, where are we going?" His mother looked over at him, basking him in her love.

"Oh mi angelo," She started, picking him up, making him squeal. "We are going to America!" She stated while twirling him around, making him laugh.

"Why are we going to America Mama?" Asked Bianca, her beret balancing precariously on her head. "Your papa wants to keep us safe, and that is by moving to America."

Maria put down Nico, who then proceeded to run to his room and carefully, brought down a box just big enough for him to carry.

"Nico... You can't bring that to America.." His papa said, sounding exasperated. "But why!" Nico yelled. His Mythomagic collection is his prize possession. Why couldn't he bring it to America?

"Fine... But you can only bring 64 cards with you."

"What about the figurines!"

"Apologies mi angelo but you can only bring the major gods." Nico pouted which caused a small fit of giggles to escape his sister.

"Mi angelos, mi amor, the car is here." Maria Di Angelo yelled from outside. They could hear the pitter-patter of the car's exhaust. The family brought out their baggage, Nico managing to sneak a little more than his father's limit of Mythomagic figurines into his coat.

After fitting their luggage and themselves into the car, they drove off to the docks where their papa saw them off.

"Goodbye mi angelos, I hope I see you again soon." He said, giving each of them a kiss on the forehead, Nico rubbing his off. "Remember, keep safe mi amor." He said, placing his last kiss on their mother's lips.

"ALL ABOARD!" The ferryman yelled. Nico and Bianca, holding onto the railings, yelled to their father one last time. "Goodbye papa!" Their father waving them off.

Word count: 422
Sorry for short chapter. Next ones will be longer than this.