Monster Fighting 101

"What would you recommend, to a beginner like me?" Asked Tony, glancing around inside the armory, picking up a broadsword and examining it. "Maybe a shortsword, a shield, and some of our medium-sized armor." Said Annabeth, shoving a circular shield into Tony's arms, making him stumble back a bit.

"Can I use my arrows on these guys?" Asked Clint, adjusting the quiver on his back. "Unless they're tipped with Celestial Bronze or Imperial Gold, it's a no." Said Grover, handing him a quiver of Celestial Bronze arrows.

"Here, daggers are your thing, right?" Asked Jason, handing twin Celestial Bronze daggers to Natasha, who cautiously accepted them. "Uh, do you guys have extra, extra, extra-large gauntlets?" Asked Bruce meekly.

The teenagers looked at him confused until a look of realization dawned on Jason's face. "Right, you turn into a big green dude." He said while rummaging through a box labeled "Magical resizing armor" in Greek with a small Latin translation underneath.

After a good 2 minutes, Jason headed over to Bruce holding two very oversized gauntlets. "The instructions are in Greek so Percy's gonna be explaining it to you." Said Jason, heading over to Tony, who was somehow tangled up in Celestial Bronze armor.

"Hey!" Greeted Percy while walking up to Bruce, twirling a black ballpoint pen between his fingers. "Hey..." Said Bruce, handing the gauntlets over to Percy. "Okay, so you just have to wear it," Said Percy, strapping the comically large gauntlets on his arms. "Then just say the command word." Said Percy, holding out his arms.

"And that would be..?" Asked Bruce, staring at the gauntlets, interested in its magical mechanics. Percy grinned. "Katállilos." At his command, the Celestial Bronze gauntlets glowed a soft white light before adjusting to perfectly fit Percy's arms.

"Until you say the release word, which is finírisma, the gauntlets will continue to resize to perfectly fit. You can try it out once we get to the forest." Said Percy while taking off the gauntlets and handing them to Bruce.

After about 15 more minutes of getting geared up, the teenagers and adults headed towards the forest where Nico, Steve, and Nyssa were waiting.

"I'm really surprised it feels the exact same. Especially since you added a heavy metal to it." Said Steve, throwing the iconic shield, which now had a rim of Celestial Bronze, at one of the nearby trees, making it shake before bouncing back to him. "It was nice working with rare metal. Also, try slapping the star in the middle." Said Nyssa, confusing Steve.

"Like... This?" Asked Steve, lightly hitting the star in the middle. Almost immediately, the Celestial Bronze rim shot into the shield, leaving a blunt Vibranium edge. "The vibranium works even if you do that since Celestial Bronze passes through mortals, but it does make it slightly easier to store." Explained Nyssa.

"Thanks, this is really cool." Said Steve, grinning. "Anytime. Nico, if you need any more mortal weapons modified for the upcoming battle, don't be afraid to tell me what to make." Said Nyssa, patting Steve lightly on the arm before heading off in the direction of the Big House.

"Gods, word spreads like wildfire around here." Said Jason, looking at the two childhood friends. "Chiron probably told the Hephaestus cabin about you guys." He said to the adults, who just nodded. "Okay then, what Greek monsters do you guys know?" Asked Percy, walking forward and standing to Nico's left.

"The ones they normally put in movies. The Minotaur, Medusa, Cerberus." Said Clint, nocking an arrow to the string of his bow. "The first two are absolute assholes. The dog is much more tolerable." Said Percy, taking out Riptide in pen form and twirling her around. "You've been to the Underworld?" Asked Steve, surprised. "Yeah, when I was 12. He likes red rubber balls."

"Getting back on topic, you guys are definitely new to this type of thing so, we'll go slow. Maybe a basilisk or two?" Said Percy, making Clint hold his hands up in the universal time-out pose. "Aren't basilisks big ass snakes that roam around in castle sewers?"

"No, this isn't Hogwarts and besides, those might be a bit too hard for them." Said Annabeth, directing the last part to Percy. "Fair enough. Nico, can you just summon us some skeletons?" Upon Nico's nod, the teenagers moved back, confusing all of the adults but one.

"Why the fuck are you guys moving away?" Asked Clint, drawing back his arrow. "Because of this." Said Nico, kneeling down and placing one of his hands on the ground. In just a matter of seconds, a fissure opened up and a very boney hand clutched at the ground above the crack.

"Oh, what the actual-" Said Clint, aiming at the hand and shooting his arrow, hitting the hand and making it disappear back into the fault. "Let them out first. You're meant to fight them not kill them the moment they pop out." Said Nico, summoning one skeleton for each Avenger.

Once all the skeletons were out, the fissure closed up and the skeletons lined up behind Nico, like soldiers would in front of a superior officer. "We're gonna fight those?" Asked Nat, assuming a simple fighting stance. "Yeah, basically. It's just to see how you guys handle yourselves with Celestial Bronze stuff." Said Jason, polishing his glasses a bit.

"Any tips?" Asked Bruce, staring at the biggest skeleton, which was the skeleton of a cyclops. "Watch your 6." Said Nico, kneeling back down and summoning more skeletons, but not before ordering the 5 skeletons to attack.

Steve immediately rushed forward, Throwing his shield and hitting one of the smaller skeletons, a former Trojan warrior, and disassembling it. "Physical attacks without any magical metals won't hurt monsters, these included!" Hollered Grover to Clint, who was beating back the skeletons with his bow.

"At least it hits them!" Yelled Clint back, hitting one away from him. Bruce, who was being protected by Nat, took a deep breath, thought hard, and transformed into the Hulk, immediately rushing towards the Cyclops skeleton and bashing it's skull in, the gauntlets making sure the job gets done.

Tony was swinging his sword around, trying to use the tips he learned from Percy and Jason and was doing it quite well for a beginner. Steve was fighting as he normally would, using his shield to knock into a couple of skeletons and throwing his shield if a target was too far to hit.

Natasha was, to put into fancy words, a dancer on stage. She was speeding around the field, cutting down multiple skeletons at once, aiding Clint whenever he got swarmed by more than 8, and throwing one of the daggers only to retrieve it 5 seconds later.

About an hour into the fight, Tony put up his arms and Nico called off the skeletons headed his way. "Tired already?" Teased Percy, making Tony hit him on the head with the butt of the sword. "I'm older than you. Haven't you ever learned to respect your elders?"

"I only respect those who earned it." Said Percy back, smirking. About 30 minutes after that conversation, the rest of the team raised their hands, making Nico call off all the skeletons and send them back to the underworld. "That was tiring." Commented Bruce, who was just wearing pants. Grover took off his hoodie to reveal the camp shirt, and handed it over to Bruce.

"Well, it's nearing lunchtime so, we can just mill about if you guys want?" Suggested Nico, the entire group agreeing. "Alright then, where do you guys wanna go first?"

Word count: 1272 words
Hi :D it's been a while lol
Thank you so much for all of the reads!
And since school has been nicer to me I'm definitely gonna try and update more often
Also if stuff doesn't make sense just tell me so I can fix it up lol