25: Four Demigods and a Satyr Hold a Press Conference

Holy shit! We're at 17k (as I'm writing this note) thanks so much for the support! :,) Back to your regularly scheduled reading

The ones who went on the mission all got cleaned up before the heroes and teenagers all grouped up in the living room. Adults on one side of the table and teenagers on the other.

"Wow, this definitely doesn't remind me of a shitty press conference." Said Tony blandly, leaning back into the bean bag. Percy pointed a finger in his direction. "That's exactly what this is!" The adults looked at each other before Clint raised a hand.

"Okay, so I'm guessing we're the press. How are we gonna proceed?" Asked Clint, leaning back into the couch. "Uh, you guys can ask any questions and if we have the power to do so, we'll answer them." Said Jason.

"What exactly is this “power“ stopping you guys from answering our questions?" Asked Nat, Steve nervously glancing at Nico. "You're in luck, we're allowed to tell you anything. No filter." Said Percy, grinning and leaning forward. "So?" Prompted Bruce.

"This “power“," Said Annabeth, rolling her eyes and doing air quotes. "Are Greek and Roman myths. But they're real." The room was silent for a moment before Tony laughed dryly. The serious look on the teens made him stop. "Oh shit, you're serious?"

"Yes we are and, to answer Miss Romanoff's question earlier on that terrifying jet, I'm actually Nico Di Angelo, son of Hades, Ambassador of Pluto, self-proclaimed Ghost King, and other titles I'm too lazy to say." Said Nico before leaning back properly into his seat, letting the cushions fully envelop him.

Before someone else could even speak, Nico leaned back forward and spoke up again, rustling through his pockets. "Also, if you've been to the Captain America exhibit, I was mentioned but just went unnamed. Rude of them, by the way." Said Nico, pulling out his compass and tossing it in Steve's direction, Nat intervening and catching it instead.

"I think my friends should introduce themselves as well." Said Nico, glancing at his friends. The demigods and Grover looked at each other before Percy shrugged and pulled out the pen. "What're you gonna do with a pen?" Asked Bruce, more confused than anything. "You'll see in a minute." Said Percy, making the adults who didn't know confused.

Percy glanced at Nico, who groaned and pulled out a drachma. "I'm gonna need a little help." Said Nico, flipping the drachma. "Should we just do it here?" Asked Percy, stammering a little. "I mean, we're telling them the truth, might as well get it over with." Said Nico, grabbing the nearest glass of water.

"Hey!" Said Steve, a bit annoyed. He was still gonna drink that. Nico shrugged before throwing the water in Percy's direction, spooking Bruce, who was right in front of them. "What was that?" Asked Tony, trying not to laugh at his friend's small spasm. "I'm sorry I don't wanna get wet." Said Bruce, fidgeting with the collar of his button up.

"Uh, boys if you'd look in front, you'd see floating water." Said Nat, making the two geniuses look to see a floating mass of water, just about what was in Steve's glass. "How?" Asked Tony after blabbering random noises for at least 25 seconds.

"I'm not gonna do the whole fancy thing Nico did so to simplify, I'm the son of Poseidon and right now, we need to call someone." Said Percy, manipulating the water to reflect light and create a rainbow. "We're good to go Neeks."

"Don't call me that Jackson." Said Nico, glaring at him. Nico sighed before tossing in the drachma, surprising the adults except Steve. "Oh Fleecy do me a solid, show me Hazel Levesque at Camp Jupiter." The rainbow shimmered and eventually formed into an image of Hazel eating at the mess hall and laughing.

When she saw the IM, she grinned. "Nico!" Nico smiled at his sister. "Hey Hazel." A few waves from the other kids in the 5th cohort who he got to know we're seen in the background. "Need anything or is this a friendly call?" Asked Hazel, trying to stop Dakota from invading the screen.