10: A Bird and a Tin Can Learn Mythomagic

"Welcome back Capsicle." Steve sighed. Coming back around 1 pm, avoiding any and all paparazzi.

Tony needs to change his name the A.I referred to them as. He stepped into the elevator and pressed the button for the 90th floor. From the 90th floor to the 100th, it was strictly the Avengers' floor.

"Spangles!" He heard Tony yell from the lounge. He sighed again. Ever since he joined the Avengers, he's been sighing an unnatural amount of times.

"What's wrong Tony?" He said upon entering the lounge. It was kind of sad to say he expected the sight.

Silly string was everywhere. And by that, I mean everywhere. "Stark what the hell happened? Was this the project you've been working on?" He asked, more confused than concerned. If Tony doesn't yell for him by name, then it isn't that much of a concern. "Clint is starting a prank war and I need you on my side."

Steve immediately shook his head. "Absolutely not. Nope. Mm-mm." He voiced multiple sounds of protest, heading to the kitchen to store their groceries. "Why not Cap? It's fun!" He said, throwing the silly string in the air. He sighed again. "I've told you, I'm staying neutral ever since the frostbite prank."

It was targeted specifically at Steve by Natasha and Clint. No more explanation is needed.

"Yeah well, we have rules this time."

"Rules that are never followed, by the way." Tony pouted. "They will be this time around!" Steve looked at the genius and raised an eyebrow. They stared at each other until Tony caved. "Fine, there's one rule."

"And that is?" He continued organizing the groceries. "No pranks that can hurt anyone in any way so itch powder, shock stuff, and anything that was in the frostbite prank are out."

Steve still said no. He was still traumatized by that prank. Besides, the rule he stated was the basics for any prank war.

"Fine Mr. Uptight. Guess I'll ask Bruce if he wants to help in the prank war." He walked off, probably heading to Bruce's lab, room, the library, or wherever he may be. Steve finally finished organizing the groceries when he heard someone drop from above. Specifically, the vents.

"Hullo, Clint." He said, expecting this to happen later in the day but went with it.

Clint tapped his shoulder and gestured for him to follow. They walked for a while until they reached the training room, which was now decked out in archery targets. "Clint..." Steve said cautiously, getting an idea of what he wanted him to do.

"C'mon, archery isn't that hard." He said, holding out a normal bow to Steve. Why couldn't he just be left alone? "No thank you because I feel an ulterior motive behind this." Clint gasped dramatically, hand on his chest. "How dare you?! I don't do such things."

Steve was tempted to curse but held back. He had a reputation to uphold. "Liar. You made that stupid game where the two people who lost, whatever video game that was," Clint interrupted. "Call of Duty, Modern Warfare or just Call of Duty."

"Yeah, that. And they had to reveal an embarrassing secret." Clint stretched his hands forward. "You didn't even lose!" Steve pinched his fingers, almost making them touch. "I was this close."

Clint rolled his eyes. "Yeah okay, well this doesn't have an ulterior motive except that I wanna talk to you about your experience out there today, buying us groceries." Steve, still very skeptical about the entire thing thinking about it, sighed, then accepted the offer. "Wait really?" Said Clint, dumbfounded

"I mean, I can back out..." He said, turning on his heel slowly and facing the door. "Nonononono I'm sorry I didn't mean it that way-" Steve chuckled. "I'm kidding. Let's just get this over with."