18: Getting Settled In

Nico's clothes were loose. Probably because they were Steve's.

They all just decided to borrow clothes from their training partner. If the clothes didn't fit, they'd ask someone who they think their clothes will. Jason, since Tony was smaller than him, borrowed from Steve.

Nico's borrowed clothes consisted of a big grey hoodie with the sleeves rolled up 3 times and black sweatpants that pooled around his ankles.

When Nico stepped out of the bathroom, he saw Steve holding his beret, making him inhale a bit sharply. The breath made Steve look at him and drop the beret. "Sorry, the beret just looked like something a friend of mine used to wear." He said a bit sheepishly.

Nico exhaled, grabbing the beret from the spot of the floor it plopped on. "It's fine. Thanks for letting me borrow your clothes and shower by the way."

"No problem. Oh, and your jacket's on the bed." Steve said, pointing to the aviator jacket neatly folded on the bed, probably by him. "Thanks." Nico said, grabbing it and immediately patting down the pockets to see if anything was taken, putting the beret in its place.

"I haven't taken anything if you were wondering." Said Steve, raising his hand to emphasize his point. Nico chuckled before tying the jacket around his waist. "Just give me the tour, Blonde Hercules."

~~~time skip brought to you by Boris, the book mascot~~~

"And this is the main living room, where we were in earlier. Any questions?" Said Steve upon finishing the tour. They had a few stopovers sure. Like Nico faceplanting on his bed, making Steve laugh. Or Nico refusing to go near the pool. Or Steve stopping Nico from going into the lab to grab his sword earlier. Or going into the vents. Don't ask.

"Nope." Said Nico, walking over to the couch with Steve and sitting on it. "Well, what now?" Asked Steve, pulling out a deck of cards from under the coffee table. "Dunno. What's that?" Said Nico, glancing at the deck in Steve's palm.

"Ah, it's a card game. I don't know if you've heard of it. It's Mythomagic?" Nico's eyes shined, making Steve chuckle. "I'm guessing you've heard of it?" Nico nodded, entranced by the oh-so-familiar cards.

"Wanna have a match with me?" Nico nodded before he even realized it. "Alright then. The other deck's under the table. And please be careful, an old friend used to own that." Nico's small smile faded a bit. Of course, he knew who owned the deck. It was Bucky's.

"Do you know how to play?" Asked Steve, setting down his main gods, Nike and Zeus. "I remember the basics." Said Nico, looking through the deck for his gods.

When he came across two certain cards, he gave a small grin. He placed down  Soteria and Nemesis. The familiar cards sent a fuzzy feeling through Steve's body.

"Who goes first?" Asked Steve when they were done setting up. "We can do the card draw." Suggested Nico, to which Jason and Tony entered the main room.

"Hey, Capsicle. What're you two doing?" Asked Tony, approaching the two old-timers with Jason following behind. "Mythomagic." Replied Steve picking his card. "It's a dío." He groaned. "Yours?"

"Pénde." Said Nico, trying not to grin. "Really? Gosh." Said Steve, drawing the rest of his hand, Nico doing the same. "Wait, the kid knows how to play this ancient game?" Asked Tony, a slight tease in his tone. "Tony, the 40s aren't ancient."

"They are. You guys didn't even have cellphones back then."

"Our tech wasn't as advanced as back then, alright?"

"My dad made a flying car!"

"That crashed to the ground 2 seconds later!" That made Tony stop. "What if I made a flying car?" That made Steve stop playing for a second. Yes, he was playing the whole time during the banter. "Please do. I hope it can actually fly distances instead of just float in one spot."