Fury Gets a Message

Nicholas Fury was in one of his very painful meetings with the world leaders. They were yelling at him for letting the Avengers commandeer S.H.I.E.L.D agents to apprehend children. After about 30 minutes of getting scolded at like a child, which he hated, he left the room and headed straight to his office to be greeted by Maria Hill, one of his best agents.

"Hill." He greeted, getting a curt nod back in response. "May I ask why you're in my office, Agent Hill?" Maria pulled out the tablet she was carting around and showed Fury a file Tony sent in about his suits getting hacked.

"How unfortunate." Said Fury blandly after reading through the file. He had a theory, knowing who was in the building at the time. "Dismissed." He said, handing back the tablet.

Right after Hill left, mist started gathering in front of his face. He immediately locked all the doors and turned off the cameras. He stood in front of the mist and waited for it to clear up.

In a few minutes, the mist cleared up to reveal Chiron, sitting in the Big House. "Chiron, it's been a while." Greeted Fury, a bit less stoic than normal. "It truly has been. How are you Nicholas?" Asked Chiron, tossing a sausage to Seymour, who was out of view.

"I'm fine. A few mortal problems here and there but nothing S.H.I.E.L.D can't handle. How about you?" Said Fury, procuring himself a glass of water. "Not great. We have another war upon us." Said Chiron, getting straight to the point. At that sentence, Fury's face darkened.

"I know how much of a help you were even back then. Helping around camp as a child, taking care of your siblings. During the Titan war, you and the demigods you took in to S.H.I.E.L.D held quite a number of them away from Olympus." Said Chiron, making Fury chuckle. "No need to flatter me Chiron, it was my responsibility and my honor." Replied Fury, making Chiron smile.

"Then I apologize, I must ask you to aid Camp Half-Blood once more." Fury's expression and demeanor got more serious. He stood up straight, like he would in front of the world leaders. "Tell me the details."

After recounting everything his students told him, Chiron came to the part he knew Nicholas would have difficulty agreeing with. "You want demigods to fight alongside mortals?" Said Fury, clarifying what his mentor just said. "Yes. Specifically, the Avengers and S.H.I.E.L.D, if possible." Chiron smiled sheepishly at Fury's groan.

"I'm guessing Percy, sushi god's kid, was the one who brought them there?" Said Fury, ignoring the rolling waves outside the Helicarrier, which was just milling around in the sea. "Him and a couple of others, yes."

"If they're already training them then that's one less job for me. If you need any extra resources please, don't be afraid to IM me." Said Fury, leaning against his desk. "Of course, and Nicholas?" Said Chiron, making Fury perk up.

"Stay safe. You and the others." Fury gave Chiron a small smile, barely noticeable. "Of course." He swiped his hand through the mist, cutting the connection. He sighed before grabbing his S.H.I.E.L.D-issued tablet and pulling up a list of all the demigods under S.H.I.E.LD.

"Hill, I want you to call all of these people into conference room 3. No one is to enter unless they are on that list, understand?" Said Fury through the intercom. It was silent for a few seconds before it crackled open. "Yes sir."

In 30 minutes, Fury headed for conference room 3, greeting the agents he passed by with a curt nod. Upon entering, he saw 32 demigods, all varying in rank. "Director, what's going on?" Asked Hunter, a child of Soteria, one of the newer recruits.

"I called you all here today because of an IM from camp." The mood of the room got more serious as everyone started listening more intently. "What was it about?" Asked Gwen, a child of Caerus.

"Another war is upon us. I've theorized from what Chiron said, that HYDRA or A.I.M is collaborating with these monsters. Because of that, we will be fighting alongside the Avengers, who are currently at camp." Upon the mention of the Avengers at camp, the newer recruits were grumbling about how they want to go back to camp and whatnot.

"Calm down, all of you." On his words, the room fell silent. "Half of you, including me, will be heading over to camp to survey the Avengers and to aid Camp Half-Blood in whatever they may need. Those left behind will keep tabs on what's happening. Agent Hill, though mortal, will be in charge while I'm gone. Brook, you'll be in charge of the demigods. I'll inform agent Hill momentarily. Any questions?"

Poe, a child of Ares, raised his hand. "How do we know who's coming with you?" He asked, putting his hand back down on the table. "I'll be sending you a message through your S.H.I.E.L.D-issued tablets. It'll be written in Ancient Greek to avoid any mortals from understanding. Anything else?" When a minute passed without anyone else raising their hands, Fury dismissed them and headed back to his office.

"You called, Director?" Asked Hill, walking up behind him. "Me and a couple of agents will be leaving for a few weeks. You and Agent Brook are in charge while I'm gone." Hill nodded. She knew who Agent Brook was, of course. One of their best pilots and they were already a rank behind despite her being years older.

"If you don't mind me asking, are you bringing the same agents you brought last time, Director?" She asked. At Fury's curt nod, she simply diverted, heading to the main room where all of their surveillance tech was.

"May the Fates have mercy on our soul." Muttered Fury to himself in Greek, nervous about the upcoming war.

Word count: 999 words
I'm speedrunning chapters and hoping they're decent