19: Asking a God for Permission to Stop Lying

Nico was agitated. It's been a week and the teens have just been lounging around while the Avengers went on scouting missions.

"How long has it been since we contacted camp?" Asked Annabeth in Greek, glancing at Bruce, who was left behind to watch over them. "A week at least. Chiron's definitely worried." Grover answered.

"Uh, what language are you guys speaking in?" Asked Bruce, interrupting the group, making them turn to him. The stares flustered Bruce, making him stutter over his words.

"Uh- I mean, uh, if it's alright with you, you really don't need to answer or anything I was just curious about it because,  y-y'know it's a different language and I'm curious." Jason held up a hand to stop the poor doctor before giving him a smile and answering. "It's Greek. A few of us can speak Latin as well."

"That's really interesting. Uh, if you don't mind, and you don't have to, could you teach me some phrases in Greek or Latin?" The group looked at each other before shrugging and nodding. "Any particular phrase?" Asked Nico, fidgeting with something in his pockets.

Just to clarify, they were still borrowing clothes. He was fidgeting in the pocket of one of Steve's hoodies.

"How about, "I am" and then my name?" Suggested Bruce. "Alright then." Said Percy, rubbing his hands. "Let's teach him Greek."

After a few hours time, Bruce now knew how to say, "Hello", "I am", "Thank you", and a bunch of other phrases. Now, Annabeth and Bruce were talking about molecular combinations, mainly Bruce was talking, when J.A.R.V.I.S alerted them that the others were home.

"It's still weird seeing fully-grown adults in colorful Halloween costumes." Blurted out Jason. Fortunately, the Avengers walked right in at that very moment.

"I don't know if I should be offended, or confused." Said Clint, who was taking off his quiver. "How about both?" Said Nico, not looking at any of them.

"I- Alright then..." Clint said, backing out of the room to probably go change, the others, including Bruce, following him. "You could try to be a bit nicer, Nico?" Commented Jason in Latin.

"Thank you, but I'd rather not." Said Nico, shifting into a more comfortable position.

"Well, what now?" Asked Percy after the adults left. "We could go down to the training room." Suggested Annabeth. The group looked at each other and agreed silently. After a minute of attempting to remember where the training room despite having spent a week in the facilities, they all headed to the place they were first assessed at for their strength.

"You know where they keep the batons?" Asked Jason, taking of his borrowed hoodie, courtesy of Hawkeye. "If I may, the batons are over on the far left side of the training room." Said J.A.R.V.I.S, startling the teenagers. "Keep forgetting there's a disembodied voice in the walls." Grumbled Nico who slightly aggressively took of his jacket.

"Apologies Nico, I didn't mean to startle you." Nico waved it off. "It's fine, I should get used to this type of stuff by now honestly." At that moment Percy, who went to get the batons, came back with 5 multi-colored batons in hand. "Choose your color people." He said, offering the batons to the group.

"I won't join. Y'know how it is with the limp." Said Grover, waving away the green baton Percy offered. Percy shrugged. "If you say so, G-man."

The four demigods who did choose batons paired up and took their stances. If you were wondering, the pairing are Percy and Annabeth, and Jason and Nico.

"Hey Grace, mind if we have a conversation the whole time?" Asked Nico in Latin and Greek, switching every once in a while. Jason took a second to process, parrying Nico's jab. "Yeah sure." He responded back in Latin.