26: The Message From the Creepy People

"You think they finally see what I see?" Asked Steve, placing down a Nike's Nikais card, making Nico lose 500 life points. "They should, which is why I have my sword on my back right now." Said Nico, placing down the Twins of Ares card before attacking with Ares, making Steve lose 1500 life points.

"So we just gotta wait for one of them to come in here?" Asked Steve, placing down a defense card face down. "Yeah basically. Fields of Asphodel, 5000." Said Nico, giving Steve the card, making Steve grumble. "How do you always draw the cards you need to win." Said Steve, having lost the game.

Nico sacrificed 5000 life points, making Steve lose 10,000, which is the starting life points. Nico grinned, cleaning up the cards and putting it back in their proper decks.

They then were just talking about each other's crazy lives when Tony came in and made a ruckus. "Hold the fucking phone what is that on your back?!" Asked Tony the moment he saw Nico. "It's a sword. Obviously." Deadpanned Nico, leaning back.

"Please don't lean on the couch with a sharp pointy thing on your body, I don't want Pepper to kill me." Said Tony, pushing Nico away from the couch with a metal rod he brought with him. Why he brought it with him, we'll never know.

"Alright, just don't touch the blade no matter what. I don't want any narcissistic ego of that soul of yours in my sword." Said Nico, pushing away the metal rod. "I'm sorry what?"

"Nothing." Said Nico quickly with a grin. Tony glared at him as best as he could before walking to the kitchen, probably to get a glass of water. More likely to get a glass of alcohol.

"Well, guess that means the wait's over." Said Steve, looking for the remote to the TV. "Yeah. That also means monsters are more likely to attack." Groaned Nico, making Steve stop looking through the throw pillows. "What type of monsters?"

"I'd rather not say so just hand me my deck so I can show you." Steve gave him the stink eye. "Why don't you go get it yourself?" Nico gestured to himself, with a singular throw pillow on his chest. "I refuse to leave the pillow realm." Said Nico, grinning, making Steve sigh in turn.

"Woah, since when did you get so old and boring?" Asked Nico, smirking. Steve rolled his eyes before tossing the plastic housing containing Nico's deck. "Fuck! You nearly hit me in the eye." Said Nico, failing to catch it making the deck hit him smack on the forehead.

"Don't blame me. Blame that pillow realm for not letting you use your arms." Said Steve, sitting down on one of the loveseats. "Ha ha. Back to the question, these are most likely gonna attack us within the week. Honestly, I'm shocked they haven't attacked us the entire time we've stayed here."

"Let's just be grateful they haven't." Nico chuckled. "You've just jinxed it. In a few minutes from now these monsters are most likely to attack us due to Percy or Jason doing something stupid because Annabeth wasn't watching them." Said Nico, laying down a few cards depicting empousai, hellhounds, and a basilisk.

"Those guys are smaller than they seem. At least, that's what Frank said." Said Nico, pointing to the picture of the basilisk which was depicted as a gigantic snake. "They're not gigantic?" Asked Steve, a bit disappointed. "What's not gigantic?" Asked Tony, who was now holding 2 bottles of beer before handing one to Steve.

"This. And please don't say it's name." Said Nico, giving Tony the basilisk card. Tony picked up one of the throw pillows before sitting down on the cleared space. "Wow, Harry Potter was a fucking lie." Said Tony, tossing the card back to Nico.

"I've read it. What's your houses?" Asked Steve, picking up one of the throw pillows that fell on the ground. "I'm a Slytherin, sadly." Said Tony, taking a swig of his beer. "Really? I thought you'd be in Ravenclaw." Said Steve, swirling around the beer in his bottle.