15: Don't Blame Us! Blame The Laestrygonian!

"Grover! What took you so long?" Asked Percy, noticing his friend come up to them. "Remember those mortals from earlier? Yeah, I bumped into two of them. They wanted to know where the claw machine area was so I brought them here." Explained Grover.

"Alright then. Now pass the tokens I wanna win this frog."

A few hours of playing later the group started to head over to the food bar, a bag of random goodies they got from the claw machines being carried by Nico and Annabeth. "Pretty good haul." Percy said, glancing at the overflowing bag.

"Don't say it like that, you're making it sound like we robbed them or something." Jason said, lightly elbowing Percy. "Alright, alright. So, anything you guys wanna eat? The food here's pretty good. Percy said, pointing at the food bar ahead.

"Pizza sounds good." Said Nico, moving his hair out of his eyes. "Pizza does sound really good." Jason said. "I'll take a salad." Said Grover. "Annabeth?" Annabeth looked up from her nails that she was picking. "Pizza's great."

"Pizza, a salad, and fries it is then. Go take a table, I'll order the food." Said Percy, heading towards the counter. The rest of the group found a table, sat down, and started talking.

"I really hope claw machines don't count as tech." Mumbled Grover. "Pretty sure they don't." Said Annabeth, pulling out her phone.

Yes, demigods aren't allowed near technology, but this is kind of like Harley's prototype beacon, just a bit modified to look like a phone. The only ones who have it are Chiron, the heads of the cabins, The leader of Artemis' hunt when she's not around, and the praetors.

"Who're you messaging?" Asked Nico. He denied the option to have the phone. Said it was too complicated for him. "Apparently, Jason hasn't IMed his sister. She's worried." Jason looked confused for a second, then snapped his fingers. "That's what I forgot to do last night."

Nico rolled his eyes. "Didn't know you had actual memory problems, Grace." Jason hit him on the head with the closest thing within range, a bat plush they got from the crane. "Quiet, little cousin."

"If we go into technicalities, you guys aren't related since Hades is Greek while Jupiter is Roman." Blurted out Annabeth. The group stared at each other before bursting out in giggles and suppressed laughter. "Gods, that was great. Haven't laughed like that since Percy spilled blue food coloring on the kitchen counter."

Jason looked at Grover, grinning. "When was that?" Grover adjusted his Rasta cap while answering. "Few weeks ago. We were on an IM and he was making blue cookies when he tripped and the blue food coloring he was holding spilled all over the table." Jason grinned. "I now have blackmail. This is great." Nico rolled his eyes at Jason.

On another table, the Avengers have gathered. Clint and Natasha with a whole roll of tickets from the ticket tower, Bruce and Steve with a handful of keychain-sized plushies, and Tony off ordering pizza for the team.

"Shocked you two found the claw machine." Natasha said, a smirk on her face. Steve raised an eyebrow and threw a Black Widow spider plushie at her face. "Shut up Romanoff."

"Rude." Nat said with a smirk, picking up the plushie. Steve just put his chin on the table, looking resigned. Around about a minute in silence, Tony approached the table, two pizza boxes in hand. "A little help?"

Steve immediately stood up and grabbed the two pizza boxes. "Thanks, I'll go and grab the drinks. Wanna give me a hand, Green Arrow?" Clint sighed and stood up before following Tony.

The two groups were just chatting at their respective tables when a tall burly teen wearing a ripped leather jacket and a skull shirt approached the teenagers.

"Does anyone know this guy?..." Asked Grover, pulling out his pan flute slowly. "No..." Said Percy, setting down his pizza slice and reaching slowly for Riptide.

Just then, the teenagers sniffed the air and immediately pulled out their weapons and trained it on the teenager. The boy grinned before setting fire to his hand. "Food!" He yelled before lunging at the teenagers.

Note, the entire Avengers team saw this entire interaction go down. "Holy shit!" Exclaimed Tony before pulling on his watch, revealing a repulser hidden in it. The rest of the team grabbed what little weapons they had on hand and got ready to fight but when they looked up, there was a pile of golden dust on the floor, and a couple of nearly-burnt teenagers.

"No peace, not even today? Great." Grumbled the short one holding a crowbar. He dusted himself off before glancing up to see the Avengers staring at them. "Uh guys? I think we have normal company." He said to the rest of the group.

The teenagers all looked over to see a bunch of adults, most of them with plastic utensils, glaring at them. "Oh great. Mortals." Grumbled Jason.

Word count: 837 words
I'm sorry for the short chapter and thank you for the 3.57k reads as I'm writing this! I'm shocked at the amount of reads tbh-