7: Birthday!

Nico woke up really excited. It's been almost a year and a half since they've moved to America. Nico jumped off his bed and ran to his sister's room, planning on scaring her awake.

When he got to the room, he ran to the lump in the blanket and tore it off, only to find it was a bunch of pillows.

"Wha?-" He started saying when someone grabbed him from behind and picked him up a few inches of the ground, making him squeal. "Happy birthday Neeks!" Bianca yelled, spinning him around the room, making the both of them laugh.

"Bianca! You remembered!" Nico said, Bianca putting him down so he could give her a proper hug. "How on Earth could I forget my little brother's birthday?" She said, hugging him just as tightly back.

"C'mon Nico!" She said, tugging lightly on Nico's arm. "Why?" Bianca looked at him with a gigantic grin on her face. "To celebrate your birthday idiot!" Nico shared his sister's grin and they ran out and was met with Maria's smile. "Happy birthday mi angelo!"

She ruffled her son's hair, making the siblings laugh. "Thank you Mama!" He grinned brightly at his mother. "Mama, what's for breakfast?" Bianca asked, sitting on her chair. Nico following suit.

"The usual mi angelos." Maria said, putting down a plate of scrambled eggs, baked beans and toast in the middle of the table.

"Hey Nico." Nico looked up at his sister. He was about to grab a piece of toast. "Yeah?" Bianca gave a small smile. "If you finish eating before me, I'll give you your birthday present after breakfast." Nico stopped, then looked at Bianca. "Really?"

"Really."

With those words in mind, Nico took 2 pieces of bread, put a pile of baked beans and eggs on one, made a sandwich, and started cramming as much of it into his mouth as he can. "Nico, be careful." Said Maria, slightly reprimanding.

"Sorry mama." Nico said but with his mouth full, it sounded more like, "Forwy mwamwa." Maria sighed at her child's antics and spared him a small glare. Nico looked sheepish, which was hard to do with a stuffed mouth.

"Bianca, I'm almost done~" Taunted Nico when he got halfway through his sandwich without choking. Bianca smiled at her little brother. "Really? I didn't realize. Guess you're gonna get your gift early, unless I finish faster."

"Nico, drink your water. I don't want you to choke." Said Maria, looking at Nico who was beginning to stuff his mouth again, although much smaller bites. Nico made a noise that sounded like 'Okay' and reached for his glass of water.

Unsurprisingly, Nico finished first with Bianca slowly shoving the last piece of her toast in her mouth. "C'mon! Let's go!" Nico said, practically bouncing. "Going Nico." Bianca said, getting up from her seat and slowly marching to her room. Nico followed her like a little duckling.

"Why didn't I see the gift earlier? Was it small?" Bianca gave a small grin but didn't say anything. When they arrived, Bianca asked Nico to hide under her sheets. Nico, of course, agreed and threw the sheets over him almost immediately. Bianca gave a small chuckle and headed for her wardrobe.

Nico could hear rustling until Bianca tapped his lump of sheet. "Come out Nico!" He picked his head over the sheet to see Bianca holding a jacket. "What's that?" Nico asked, completely removing the sheet. "An aviator jacket! Your old jacket got ripped so I saved up a bit of money to buy you one!" Nico sat up in the bed, grinning.

"Do you like it Nico?" Bianca asked, holding out the jacket for him to take. "I love it! Thank you Bianca!" He jumped off the bed and practically bounded into Bianca's outstretched arms, still holding the jacket.

"Thank you thank you thank you thank you!" Nico said rapidly. The siblings laughed and spun around the room. After their very long hug, they got their things, said goodbye to their mother, and met up with their group on Bucky's porch like usual.