11: Doctor's Orders and Newspapers

Nico, after meeting back with his old friend, headed for a dark smelly alleyway and shadow traveled back to camp. "Smells like Hera's whole cow herd took a dump here." He stated before shadow traveling.

Of course, he bought a bunch of Happy Meals for the younger kids to eat and play with the toys. Being the son of the god of underground riches helped.

"Hi, Peleus." He said, softly patting the dragon's snout. Peleus looked at Nico and snorted smoke. "Good job protecting the statue Peleus." Nico said, continuing to pat the dragon's surprisingly soft snout. He tossed a chicken nugget at Peleus who ate it up.

The Athena Parthenos, standing at the camp's entrance, once again, radiated power and magic so strong, that he was slightly overwhelmed by it. Ancient magic does get stronger over time.

When he went through the barrier, he already had a bunch of kids running at him. The majority of the kids that ran at him were the youngest children of Hecate, kids around 5, and children of Apollo, ranging from 6 to 9. "Did you get us Happy meals, Nico?" Nico gave a soft smile to the Apollo kid that asked, one who just turned 6.

"'Course I did." He held up the McDonald's paper bag and the children cheered. "There might not be enough though so some of you have to share with your siblings." They nodded and Nico gave the bag to the eldest, a daughter of Hecate around 14, who just ran over, and she started distributing the happy meals.

"Thanks, Nico. They've been talking about "Big Brother Nico" all day coming back to bring them gifts." He gave a small smile before hearing a familiar voice yell his name. "Hey Evie, can you hide me in the Mist for a few minutes? Just until Will leaves."

Evie nodded, twisting her hand so that Nico appeared invisible. Just at that moment, the kids dispersed, revealing a slightly angry Will Solace at the back. "Evie, I know you're hiding him so just remove the Mist." He said in an unnervingly calm voice. Nico shivered. This is what he got for disobeying Will.

"He just left, Will. Maybe ask Travis or Hailey or Jason where he is." She said, shooing him away. Will grumbled and stalked off. After a few more minutes, to ensure that he left, Evie released the Mist.

Nico gasped a bit for air, kind of scared of breathing in the case that it broke the Mist's illusion. He was breathing of course, just not audibly. "Thanks, Evie." He then ran off, towards the Hades cabin.

When he was safely inside, he locked the door, not wanting anyone to suddenly burst in. Of course, they could just ask a Hermes kid to pick the lock but, oh well.

He went to his bunk, kneeled beside it, and pulled out a tin box from underneath the bed.

Inside was the Hades figurine Bianca wanted to give to him, a bunch of Mythomagic cards, the ones he hadn't burned, that were given to him by Bucky, Steve, and Mandy, and a small compass, courtesy of his mother, with the photo of his old friends and sister.

He took out the cards and started shuffling through, looking at each card, handling it with care. "I still can't believe Stevie's alive..." He whispered to himself. Nico was carefully holding a Triton card, one that Steve gave him on his 8th birthday.

"Nico! I know you're in there so come out before I make Clarisse break down your door! I'm giving you till the count of 3!" Threatened Will from outside after a few minutes.

Nico sighed, put back everything where it should be, opened the door, and stepped sideways. He did that just in time since Will was ramming the door with his shoulder.

"Next time, just ask a Hermes kid for help." He said, looking at the blonde-haired mess on the ground. "Yeah well, I heard from Devan that you shadow traveled?" Said Will as he picked himself up from the ground.