20: Using a Favor for a Kid

Hades groaned, swiping his hand through the mist. "My Lord...?" Asked a spirit. He was currently in the Elysian fields, asking if there were any souls willing to go through rebirth.

"I'm quite fine, thank you." He said, waving the spirit away. He sighed before shadow-traveling to his throne at Olympus.

"I can't believe I'm doing this." He grumbled under his breath. He walked over to his brother's throne and sent a pulse of power towards the arm of his brother's throne.

A few minutes passed before lightning started crackling on the throne. "Brother..." Said Zeus, staring darkly at his brother. "Brother." Greeted Hades in a much lighter tone than Zeus did.

"Why call for me? If it is a meaningless favor then it was pointless for the both of us." Said Zeus, resting his arm on the chair. "That will be for you to decide." Said Hades, already regretting taking up his child's favor.

"Well, what is it?" Asked Zeus, getting more and more impatient by the second. "Quit whining. It is a favor from my son." Said Hades, ignoring Zeus' noise of protest.

"He has done nothing for me to grant him a favor." Said Zeus, making Hades groan. "Then consider it my favor." Zeus raised an eyebrow. "You would waste such a valuable thing over a favor of your own child."

"Well, I'm not one to neglect my children as often as some." Said Hades, an eyebrow raised. "Are you really going to do it this?" Said Zues, glaring at his brother.

"You're right. Back to the topic at hand, I am asking if you will allow my son to tell a mortal about our pantheon." Zeus' eyebrows shot up. "And why in the name of Mother Rhea would he want to do that."

"The man is a childhood friend of his so, sentiment is a factor. The man he also wishes to tell is clear-sighted and is a hero among mortals." Upon hearing that he was a hero, Zeus groaned, making his brother confused. "Hades, please tell me that the man your son wishes to tell is Captain America." Hades frowned at the familiar name. "It is."

"I'm simply going to assume that you knew since you have been surveiling your son for quite a while." Hades glanced around the room shortly. His brother wasn't wrong. He was also intrigued by the captain's life so far. Avoiding death a few times helped get his attention.

Zeus groaned loudly, making Hades look at him weirdly. "Fine, simply tell your son to make him swear on the river Styx not to tell a soul unless allowed to do so. We do not need any more mortals running around and talking about our world." Hades nodded in understanding.

"The future might depend on it as well." Mumbled Zeus. "I'm sorry what?" Asked Hades a second too late, his brother leaving a strong smell of ozone. "How great." Groaned Hades, shadow-traveling back to his home.

~~~~(pov change brought to you by my newfound father figure Glamrock Freddy)~~~~

Nico was sitting alone in his room, finally reading the first Harry Potter book loaned to him by Clint when a small clump of mist appeared in front of him. "Really? The Mist doesn't exactly change camera footage." Mumbled Nico in Greek.

Nico headed over to the bathroom before sitting on the covered toilet seat, waiting for the mist to clear up. When it did, it showed his father, no emotions evident on his face. "Father? Have you done it?" Hades nodded, making Nico nervous. He didn't hear the thunder so he was quite confused.

"I have. Also, it is quite alright if you didn't hear the thunder, considering I never got to ask if he could." Hades explained. Nico released a breath. He was really worried that he missed it. "So?"

"You are allowed to tell your friend." Said Hades, making Nico grin. "Great!" Nico said, standing up. Hades raised a hand, making Nico stop. "But he is to swear on the River Styx to never talk of our world unless allowed to by you, understand?" Nico nodded. He could probably word it properly enough to where Steve could understand.

"Alright then. Take him somewhere private and tell him. Good luck son." Said Hades before swiping his hand through, breaking the connection. "Thanks dad." Mumbled Nico, staring at where the IM was.

Nico sighed before exiting his bathroom and heading over to the living area. "Hey Italian emo." Greeted Tony, playing checkers with Percy. "Hey, you guys know where Rogers is?"

"Looking for me?" Asked Steve from the kitchen, peeking his head out of the doorframe. "Okay, what are you doing in there Capsicle? You can't cook for shit." Said Tony, all while focusing on beating Percy.

"Language, and I'm just grabbing a pack of Poptarts, calm down." Said Steve, walking over to Nico with 4 Poptarts on a plate. "Rogers, can I speak to you privately?" Whispered Nico, making Steve raise an eyebrow. "Yeah, let's go to my room." Steve said, leading the way to his room, Nico following closely behind.

Upon getting to his room, Steve gestured for Nico to sit and grab a Poptart, to which he obliged. "So, what's wrong?" Asked Steve. Nico hesitated before pointing to the speaker in the corner. "Oh. J.A.R.V.I.S, turn off audio recording."

When Nico heard the confirmatory message, he immediately asked, "How long is the recording gonna stay off for?" Steve looked confused. "Until I turn it back on, why?"

Nico sighed in relief. "Okay, what I'm about to tell you cannot leave this room no matter what, understand?" Steve nodded in understanding. Nico groaned. "Gods, this is gonna take a while."

Word count: 926 words
For the life of me I can't raise this goddamn word count