21: Informing Friends On Stuff That Went Down

"So, you're saying that you're my old childhood friend that's supposed to be dead but isn't?" Asked Steve, to which Nico nodded. "And you're telling me that you're a Greek demigod and the gods of Olympus are real people."

"Yeah basically." A few moments of silence passed before Steve spoke up once more.

"Yeah, you're similar to Nico but you're not him." Nico groaned internally. Steve was smart, but he was a fucking idiot at certain times, like right now. "How else am I supposed to prove that I was the short Italian Mythomagic geek that followed you guys around like a lost puppy?"

Steve stayed silent for a bit, thinking of a way that Nico could prove that he was, well, Nico, until an idea hit him. "If you still have that picture we took on your birthday, then maybe I'll believe you."

Nico rolled his eyes, taking out his compass. "First of all, Lucas took the picture and second, I would rather die than lose that picture." He passed the picture, Steve taking it and unfolding it carefully, like it was made of a spider's web. Delicate, and oh-so-easy to tear through.

Steve was shocked. The picture was the real thing alright. Their childishly written names on the back, Bianca's beautiful cursive engraving the words, "Until the end of the line", on the former blank space, Nico's scrawny handwriting of the date in the top left corner, and an ink smudge left by someone. It was definitely one of them when they were writing. There was no mistaking it.

"Uh, shouldn't you be... Dead?" Said Steve, carefully returning the picture. Nico took it and stuffed it back in the compass. "Weren't you listening? Me and Bianca got put in the Lotus Hotel. Besides, you should be dead or in a retirement home as well."

"I've heard of the place before, now that you mention it. Again. Also, really rude." Added Steve, smiling sheepishly. "Any other questions about my crappy life?" Said Nico, grabbing the last Poptart. "Yeah, so your dad and everyone that is in the card game we play, is real."

"Yes! How many times do I have to repeat myself." Exclaimed Nico, throwing his hands up in exasperation. "Enough for me to process the fact that you're alive and your life is crazier than mine!"

"I'll be answering questions every midnight when it's quiet but I'd like to keep it on the down low as much as possible. Think you can do that?" Steve nodded, confirming that he can keep his mouth shut.

"Okay then, one last thing." Nico said, standing up and stretching. "What?" Steve said, looking a bit worried. "Swear on the River Styx that you are not going to tell anyone except me and others who know that you know about our world. You can ask questions when we're alone and you can only tell other people if I say you can."

"Okay, can you clarify that a bit?" Nico groaned, clearly annoyed. "Just swear on the River Styx that you won't tell anyone unless I know them or they're part of the Greek or Roman pantheon. You can break that rule if I say you can."

"Wait, hold on, why the hell are you making me swear on the River Styx?" Asked Steve, clearly, a bit overwhelmed and spooked. "So I know you won't break it." Said Nico as if it was just another Tuesday. "Swearing on the River Styx means that if I break it, I'll receive a punishment worse than death."

"If you do it, your team has my trust. Not full, I'll just trust them more." Said Nico, making Steve groan. "You're making this really hard Neeks." Nico grinned. "I know Stevie."

"Fine, fine. I swear on the River Styx." On cue, thunder rolled outside. "Was that a coincidence or was that from, somewhere?" Asked Steve, glancing out his window. "From somewhere. C'mon, it's around dinner." Said Nico, rocking on his heels. "Calm down Neeks, I'm going."

"What took you guys so long?" Asked Percy who was lounging on the couch with Grover and Jason. "We talked about stuff for a bit, nothing too important." Said Nico, sitting on a beanbag.

"If it involves Captain Dinosaur over there, it's probably important." Said Tony, who was calling a fast food place on his phone. "It was nothing, really. Just Mythomagic stuff." Said Steve, heading towards the other spare couch.

"Did you tell him?" Whispered Jason to Nico in Latin. Nico nodded making Jason's face turn sour. "What's up with you, Grace?" Asked Percy, confused on why his seatmate looked like he ate a lemon.

"It's nothing. Nico, can we talk?" Said Jason, standing up and heading to the corner of the room, Nico following right behind.

"What's up?" Asked Nico, stuffing his hands into his jacket. "I can't believe you told him already." Whispered Jason in Latin rapidly. "Why are you so shocked?" Whispered Nico back.

"I thought you were gonna tell him tomorrow." Said Jason, adjusting his glasses. "Well, I told him today and made him swear on the River Styx not to tell anyone." Said Nico, making Jason sigh in relief.

"Well, we'd better tell the others, and let me tell you, two people in that group aren't gonna be happy." Said Jason in Latin, clearly, a bit stressed. "I think I have an idea of who those two people are." Said Nico, side-eyeing the rest of the Greeks.

"Let's just get ready for monster attacks." Murmured Jason, heading back to the group, Nico close behind. "What was that about telling someone something?" Asked Natasha, raising an eyebrow at the two teenagers.

"You have to stop sneaking up behind us." Said Jason, jumping a bit. "I'm sorry, it's just part of my job description." Said Natasha, walking over to Steve. "Is she your sibling or something, Nico? Because she acts just like you." Said Jason, Nico hitting him lightly on the shoulder as a response. "Just go call the others, will ya?" Said Nico.

"Uh, can you guys follow us?" Asked Jason, tugging on all of the Greek's sleeves and gesturing for them to follow him. "Chipotle's coming in a few minutes so you better speed up this talk." Said Tony, looking at his phone to see when their delivery arrives.

"Nico, I'm gonna need you to translate since I'm not super fluent, okay?" Asked Jason after they got a good distance away from earshot of the other team. "Okay, what's up?" Asked Grover, fidgeting with the hem of his shirt.

"Okay, I'm gonna be frank, I told one of them about our world." Said Nico in Greek, making Annabeth and Percy speak up, all garbling together. Nico raised his hand, making them quiet down. "I can explain."

"You better fucking do it quickly." Said Annabeth, glaring daggers. "Okay, so I'm childhood friends with Captain America, and I felt like he deserved an explanation on how the fuck I'm still alive." Said Nico, making Percy look at him weirdly.

"You're childhood friends with America's golden retriever?" Asked Percy, a bit surprised, the comment making the group silent. "He's more of a Chihuahua, to be honest." Said Nico.

"Okay, we're off-topic. How in Pan's name did you convince Jason's dad to give you permission?" Asked Grover, being a bit of the taskmaster in the conversation. "I asked my dad." Nico said simply.

"Your dad must really respect you if he asked Jason's dad for permission in place of you." Said Annabeth, just slightly glaring at this point. "So, did you make him swear?" Asked Percy.

"I did. He's only allowed to tell other mortals if I allow him to do so and to people like us." Said Nico, making the ones who didn't know before collectively sigh of relief. Just so you know, Nico translated every once in a while so Jason was up to date.

"Hey you guys, Chipotle's here!" Yelled Tony from the living area. "Okay, I'll answer more of your questions at midnight. You might also bump into Steve, it'll be fine." Said Nico, leaving for the living area first, leaving his friends to follow him.

"It's gonna be harder to keep this a secret." Said Percy, arms on his waist. "Oh, definitely." Said Jason, adjusting his glasses. "Most of us don't have our main weapons." Said Annabeth, fidgeting with a lock of her hair. "Yup."

"Let's just go eat. I'm hungry." Said Grover, leaving the area, his friends following behind.

Word count: 1382 words
I can't get this word count higher omg :,)