22: More Questions and Mission Debriefs

It was around midnight when Steve knocked on Nico's door. Just in time. The door opened by a crack to reveal dark brown eyes looking out in the corridor. "Hey Neeks." Whispered Steve, making Nico sigh of relief and open the door. "Get in here Stevie." Said Nico, moving back to let him inside.

"So, what now?" Asked Steve, sitting on Nico's bed. "Now, I ask you to stop the recording thing, and then we can wait in silence." Said Nico. Steve nodded and told J.A.R.V.I.S to stop recording, to which they obliged.

After around a minute of waiting in comfortable silence, there was a knock on Nico's door. Nico got up and opened the door. "How come you just open the door for them?" Asked Steve, slightly offended. So much for being childhood friends.

"I'm familiar with their souls, that's why." Said Nico, letting his friends in. "Grover couldn't come. Needed sleep." Said Percy, explaining why Grover was the only one not there. "Understandable. Take a seat." Said Nico, gesturing to places in his room people will be able to sit.

"So, what happens next?" Asked Annabeth when they all got comfortable. "Ask questions. I mean, that's why we met up tonight, right?" Said Nico, leaning back into his pillows.

After a moment of silence, Steve spoke up. "I'll just start it off since this silence is getting awkward. Is there anything dangerous to you guys in the mortal world?"

"Yeah. Mortal weapons can still kill us and we can't fuck with tech. Sends a signal to any nearby monster that there's demigod grub within 15 kilometers of them." Said Percy, leaning into Annabeth's arms.

"A friend of ours has made demigod-safe phones although, they're only for contact. No going on the internet for us." Said Jason, adjusting his glasses. "Well that sucks. Wait, I could see your weapons and your friend's horns, although they flickered between a crowbar, a bat, and a walking cane a lot. What's up with that?" Asked Steve.

Nico never got around to explaining the Mist and it's mechanics.Steve should know, playing Mythomagic but it was really just defined as magic. It wasn't described as something that could hide magical things.

"You didn't explain the Mist? Really Death Breath?" Asked Percy, raising an eyebrow at Nico. "He kept asking on how I was still alive. Give me a break." Said Nico, putting a pillow over his face.

"In lame man's terms, the Mist hides anything magical. There are people who can see through the Mist. Some are born with it but there are rare cases where they develop it. It's a curtain and only specific people can draw it back." Explained Jason, reaching for a pillow on the bed.

"How do you know if you were born with it?" Nico groaned, he knew it was gonna be a long night considering how curious Steve was when he last remembered. He forgot that he could go on for hours about a topic he was interested in. Gods, this was gonna last until Apollo rides overhead. Unless something comes up.

"If shit flickers then you developed it. If it doesn't, you got born with it." Explained Nico, getting sleepier by the minute.

"We got a question for you, American Retriever." Said Percy, pointing at Steve's face. "He's a Chihuahua and I stand by it." Said Nico, pointing his hand up in the air. "Yeah whatever, anything we should know about for tomorrow?" Asked Percy, making Steve think before answering.

"There's a mission debrief tomorrow to take down a HYDRA base and I think we're taking 2 of you with us." Said Steve, a definitive tone in his voice. "Hydra? Like the monster?" Asked Percy and Jason simultaneously, both confused. "No, there's a worldwide German cult that believes the only way to protect the world is by taking away its freedom. It's weird, I know." Said Steve, leaning on his arms.

"Oh." Said Percy. A moment of silence passed before Steve groaned, leaning forward.

"Okay, it's 12:58 in the morning so, we should continue this another time. Thanks and good night." Said Steve, standing up and leaving. "Thank gods, I thought it was gonna last until 6 am." Said Nico, sitting up and groaning.