13: Smithsonian and a Kinda Sleepover?

"Why is it $1.50 to get into a museum?" Jason grumbled, having paid 3 dollars for him and Nico to get in. "I guess it's one way to keep this giant history book running." Nico said absentmindedly, making Jason snort.

"Guess everyone wanted to see the American fish stick because from what I remember, tickets to a museum were only ¢50." Jason said, trying to stifle his laughter. Nico gave a small smirk. "Guess so." They asked the person at the ticket booth where the Captain America exhibit was.

"Off to the right. You should see two very patriotic flags." Jason thanked the person and pulled on Nico's sleeve. When they got into the exhibit, they started walking around and reading the plaques, specifically on how he's still alive.

"So the serum in his body kept him alive in this cryofreeze state thing?" Jason read aloud softly. "I mean, it's on the plaque so probably."

"I wonder how he's holding up?" Jason asked, ignoring Nico's remark. "Probably very badly." Jason glanced at Nico. "How so?"

Nico shrugged. "I mean, when the wars were over I tried to learn 21st century stuff and let's just say I don't know the difference between a TV and a phone." Jason raised an eyebrow. "Really? I haven't been near technology since birth and even I know the difference."

Nico gave him a stink eye. "Well I'm from the 30's so I have a free pass." Jason just rolled his eyes and headed over to the next exhibit. "There's a bunch of TV's here. I wouldn't be shocked if a monster attacked us out of nowhere."

"So that's a TV." Jason looked at him weirdly. "You were serious about that?" Nico shot him a look. "I don't joke Grace."

"Duly noted."

They roamed around the room for an hour until they got to the exhibit showing Pre-serum Steve and Post-serum Steve.

"Holy crap, he looked like that?" Jason said, pointing at the Pre-serum Steve pictures flickering across the screen. "It looks like him doesn't it?" Nico said, fidgeting with his compass once again.

"I mean, if that type of serum can change a dude as scrawny as Leo, if not scrawnier, then I'm not shocked that he survived 70 years in ice without getting hypothermia." Nico mentally facepalmed.

"Didn't you read the exhibit earlier? It said that the serum made it so that he couldn't get sick, drunk, or feel insignificant pains like bruises so being stuck in ice kind of just slowed the process of his body. Not getting hypothermia was just an added bonus."

"I'm sorry I forgot. Still processing the fact that this man used to be a stick figure." Nico rolled his eyes. "Did you know the guy back then? It says here that he was born during the 1920's. Maybe he was on a poster or something." Nico shrugged. "If I did, I don't remember." Obviously, it was a blatant lie but Jason didn't know that.

They kept walking 'til they reached the Howling Commandos exhibit. "Captain Steve Rogers led the Howling Commandos, a group of soldiers hand-picked by Captain America himself. Sadly, one of them was lost on a mission. Sergeant James Buchanan "Bucky" Barnes of the 107th infantry regiment, childhood friend of Captain Rogers died valiantly during a mission to eradicate H.Y.D.R.A." Jason read aloud.

"Why in the name of Zeus's beard did they name an organization after a multi-headed monster?" Jason asked, giving the plaque an incredulous look. "I thought they tried killing an actual hydra honestly." Said Nico, shrugging.

"Let's try learning about this 'Bucky' person." Nico nodded. He planned on telling someone, probably Jason or Hazel. He started fidgeting with the necklace once again, pulling it out of his pocket. "Hey, question, where'd you get the necklace?"

Nico looked at Jason who was walking towards the Childhood and Journey to War exhibit. "A friend from back then gave it to me." Jason looked at him. "Cool. How does it still look shiny?" Nico shrugged. "I never polished it so I have no idea."