8: The Lightning Bolt

I normally don't do this but so sorry for the long overdue update. Because of that, I'm going to be posting 3 other chapters with this. Back to your regularly scheduled reading :D

It was 1937. "This is so hard. Give me a better description on what Hobbits looked like." Steve said, lightly shaking Bucky's elbow. "If you let me finish this chapter then maybe I will." Steve pouted.

"Can you read out loud at least? The stray cats and dogs are slowly getting annoying." Mandy said, pulling on the stray hairs Bianca hasn't braided in yet. "In the middle of the 5th chapter? Absolutely not. Just read it when I finish."

"But Bucky~" Mandy whined. Bucky smacked her shoulder lightly, receiving a bit of a stronger smack from Bianca back. "I'm trying to actually make this braid look good so please don't."

"Sorry Bianca." Said Bucky, rubbing the place she hit. "Hey Neeks! How you doing over there?" Asked Steve, glancing up from his sketchbook.

Nico glanced up from the patch of dirt he was drawing on. "Pretty good. The house actually looks like a house and not a deformed animal."

The group gave a small chuckle. "Tell us when it's done alright?" Nico nodded and continued his drawing.

A few minutes passed. Steve was still drawing, Bucky was giving him the descriptions, and Mandy and Bianca were sitting by Nico as he finished his drawing.

"Oh great." Nico grumbled. "What's wrong?" Asked Bianca.

"It really looks deformed now I mean, look at that." Nico said, pointing his stick towards the house he was trying to draw which now, somehow, looks like a cat. With a hat.

"How... How did you do it like that?" Nico shrugged at Mandy's question. "Happens every time. Zero idea how it happens." The three laughed briefly before Nico continued on with his drawing.

The group was now just lounging about the porch when a tall thin man wearing a very expensive looking suit approached the group. "Hello, do you know where I can find Maria Di Angelo?"

The siblings stiffened, barely noticeable to the naked eye. Why was he looking for their mother? Steve was about to speak when Bucky answered. "No sir. We don't know who that is." He gave the man a small tight smile and looked back at his book.

"Alright then. Well thank you for the help." The man tipped his hat and promptly left. When he rounded the corner, the group started talking.

"What the hell was that?" Mandy exclaimed. "First of all, calm down. Second, he probably won't come back since we told him we don't know her." Bucky said, twiddling his thumbs. He put his book down when the man left.

"Why was he looking for me and Nico's Mama anyways?" Asked Bianca. Bucky shrugged. "I dunno. From what I know, Mrs. Di Angelo never borrowed money from anyone so I doubt he's here to collect money. Probably not the tax people so it's someone suspicious." He concluded.

"Well, what if he does come back?" Nico asked. Bucky sat there in thought for a few seconds. "We lie. Simple as that." He said with small hand gestures to exaggerate his point.

"Well what if he asks our parents?" Steve retorted.

"It's all hypothetical but if we tell our parents beforehand... Though I'm not sure that's going to work. Maybe we make sure that he only asks us? But considering our parents aren't here that lowers the chance of him asking them." Bucky mumbled to himself.

"Uh, hello?" Mandy said, waving her hand in front of his face. "There's a low chance he'll come back and if he does, our parents aren't here and won't be coming back until tonight due to work. Mrs. Di Angelo is in her apartment currently so that lowers the chance of him finding her." Bucky suddenly said, stopping his murmuring.