4: They're Playing Mythomagic and Saving a Puppy

Nico woke up to bright sunlight at his window, directly in his face. His window that was directly facing the sun to the left of him. After grumbling about bright lights in Italian, he got up, went to the bathroom and changed out of his pyjamas.

Bianca was already awake, and eating a piece of toast when she noticed her messy haired brother. "Good morning sleepyhead!" She lightly shouted in his direction.

With half-asleep eyes, he made grabby hands towards the toast on the plate which meant, that he was waiting for Bianca to grab it and put it in his hand. Bianca, understanding this morning routine, immediately handed over the toast.

"Thank you.." Nico said, drowsily chewing on the piece of toast. "Hey Nico?"

"Hm?"

"Can you bring your Mythomagic stuff?" Nico's eyes snapped open. "What?" His sister was asking for him to bring his Mythomagic collection? She didn't like it when he carted it around in the tin box. So why now?

"I said bring your Mythomagic stuff." She said, tugging on his arm lightly and pulling them towards the doorway. "Hold on a second." Nico ran to his room, grabbed his tin box, and ran back to his sister.

"Got it?" He nodded, putting on his torn coat. Why did she want him to bring his collection? Bianca tugged on his arm, yelled to their mother that they were going out, and pulled him down the stairwell.

He protested a bit until they stopped in front of two boys playing something in the distance. The gameplay looked familiar to Nico but he was too shy to go over there. Luckily, although not too much for him, that's where his sister planned on going.

"Bianca? What are you doing?" He asked. They were slowly getting closer to the boys. The blonde looked up and smiled a bit. "Hi Bianca." He called out to the approaching girl.

"Who do you have there?" Asked Steve, noticing the trailing boy behind Bianca. "My little brother, say hi." The boy stepped forward, only for Bucky to interrupt the boy's introduction.

"Hey! You're the boy from the dock!" Said Bucky. Nico perked up a bit. "Bucky! I did not say thank you." He said in not-so-broken English. Bucky laughed at his attempt. "So she was the one you were looking for?" He nodded.

"Wait, are you saying he's who you've been calling 'Dock Steve'? Really? He looks nothing like me!" Steve sent an annoyed look in Bucky's direction. "Yeah well, you're both tiny." Ignoring his slightly offended gasp, Bucky addressed Bianca.

"So why are you up? Mandy doesn't come outside until it's around 9. It's only 8:30." Bianca shook her head then nudged her brother, who brought out a tin box. Steve and Bucky, sharing identical looks, were confused until Nico opened the box.

"Mythomagic cards!" They both gasped. Nico looked up shyly, nodded towards the cards and figurines they were playing with, and then pointed to his collection. "Sure why not?" Steve said before he and Bucky could discuss.

Not like Bucky wanted to stop him. He needed someone new to play with and test his skill on.

"Who're your main gods?" Bucky asked as Bianca and Nico made themselves comfortable. "Apollo and Artemis." Bucky nodded sagely.

"Ah yes, the twins of Zeus, god of the sun and goddess of the moon. Apollo being able to heal fellow gods and with 900 defense points. Artemis having 13000 attack points and a terrifying Moonlight bow artifact. A duo made in Elysium." Steve smacked Bucky upside the head, who was rubbing his chin like it had a long beard on it.

"You could've just said your mains as well y'know, not go off on a nerd tangent." The siblings giggled. "My mains are Ares and Aphrodite. Bucky's are Soteria and Nemesis." Nico raised an eyebrow.