5: The Dinner Invite

"Mom why do I have to get dressed up?" Whined Steve. He hated dressing up. Fancy suits were just not his style. "We have guests coming over for dinner sweetheart, we have to make an impression."

Steve sighed. "Mom, if it's just Bucky and his family I could eat dinner with them in just my pyjamas." Sarah Rogers glared lightly at her son, Steve cowering a bit under his mother's gaze.

"Well, it isn't. So you need to dress up." Steve grumbled."Mom, stop being so secretive and tell me who it is."

"If you wanna know so bad, it's the new neighbors above us." Said Joseph, Steve's father from the living room.

"Really?" Steve sounded excited. "You know them Steve?" Asked his mom, now fixing his tie. "I know the kids. Bianca and Nico."

Sarah raised an eyebrow. "So they're foreign like us?" He nodded. "The kids are nice so they're mom probably is."

"Well, they're arriving in a few hours so we need to make an impression."

"Is Bucky's family gonna join?" Sarah quirked an eyebrow. "Why? You two were together just this afternoon."

"It's better to have other kids I can talk to." Sarah just nodded, now straightening his jacket. "Well lucky for you, they're coming over." Steve just grinned.

"Great!"

"Ma, the cuff's itchy." Whined Bucky, also being forced to dress up for the dinner. "It's just Steve and his parents." Winnifred glared at her son. Bucky, still whining, was messing with his collar.

"Bucky, stop! We're not just having dinner with Steve's family." Bucky momentarily stopped messing with his collar. "If it's with Mandy's family I can just wear my normal shirt." His mom sighed.

"It's with the new neighbors, James. That's why we have to look presentable." She said, tackling her son's hair with a wet comb. Bucky finally stopped messing with his collar. "Are their last names Di Angelo? By any chance?"

"Yes, how did you know?" Bucky gave a small grin. "I played with their son a few hours ago."

George, his dad, joined the conversation. "What did you guys play?" His grin grew. "Mythomagic colosseum with Steve."

"And who won?"

"Nico, the Di Angelo kid did." George gave a small whistle. "Who did you use as your main?" Bucky was messing with the hem of his button up. "My usual, why?"

"They're no use against colosseum battles. Using all-encompassing gods are better like Aphrodite, Athena or Apollo." Bucky just sighed. Nico used Apollo while Steve used Aphrodite. "I won 2 rounds out of 7 though."

"All done." His mom said, dusting invisible dust off her dress. Bucky looked modest for an energetic, normally dirty, boy. "Great, can we go now? And can I bring my Mythomagic set?" When his dad nodded, he ran off to the living room where he kept his deck and figurines.

"Got it! Let's go!" He said, running out the door, his parents laughing behind him.

"Mama, why are you making pasta?" Asked Nico, already dressed up, tiptoeing on his toes for support to see what his mother was doing. "It's a gift mi angelo. We can't just arrive there and eat."

"But that's what me and Bianca do everyday we come home." Nico said, tilting his head to one side. Maria gave a small laugh. "Nico you never fail to make Mama laugh." Bianca said, entering the kitchen in a gray dress and her olive beret.

"You look great Bianca!" Nico said, running up to his sister. Bianca laughed. "Steve was at the door by the way. He said to bring your Mythomagic collection." Nico grinned, picked up his tin box, ran to the door and jogged in place beside it.