23: The Actual Mission

"Oh gods." Said Nico upon seeing the jet, making Jason snort. "Why, what's up?" Asked Clint, noticing Nico's glare at the quinjet.

"I can't get in that." He said, slowly backing away. Steve noticed and grabbed on his shoulder, pushing him forward. "Hades!" Exclaimed Nico, stumbling into Jason.

"Well there's no other way of getting there so just get in." Said Tony, paying no mind to what was happening behind him. "Is your fear of heights that intense?" Asked Clint, very confused. "Yes it is." Said Nico, now dusting imaginary dust off his armor.

"Just show me the general area of where you land when you get there." He said, plopping down on a crate, refusing to get on the plane. Clint sighed before ushering the others that were still out, onto the jet. "See ya there, weird Italian boy named Nico. Butterfingers'll bring you a screen to show you where." Tony said before shutting the loading hatch of the quinjet.

"Zeus isn't gonna send me to my dad today." Mumbled Nico, seeing the jet take off.

"Why was he like that?" Whispered Steve to Jason. "Territory. Y'know who his dad is." Said Jason, adjusting the earpiece Nat gave him. Steve just nodded in understanding. During Nico's lengthy explanation of the recent happenings in the Greek and Roman pantheons, he explained who his dad was and how he was still alive.

"What about his dad?" Asked Nat, eavesdropping on the conversation. "You know, it's rude to eavesdrop Romanoff." Said Steve, an amused look on his face. Nat shrugged before walking off, probably to talk to Clint. "Sorry 'bout that." Said Steve, setting down his shield. Jason just shook his head, tossing his coin into the air, turning it into an Imperial gold sword.

"No worries. Being an outsider's tough sometimes. You should know, being from the 40's and all that jazz." He said, sitting down.

A few minutes of silence were spent, only being disturbed by updates from J.A.R.V.I.S, they finally arrived around 3 kilometers away from the base, deep in the undergrowth. "Okay, so how does Italian Grinch get here?" Asked Tony, suiting up. "Really?" Said Steve, unamused.

"What? He acts like it." Said Tony, lowering his faceplate. "Just head somewhere dark and shadowy and send it through the live feed. I'll go and tell him." Said Jason, heading somewhere to the left, dragging Steve along with him.

"Jesus, where are we going?" Asked Steve, resisting and making Jason stop. "IM. Tech's too dangerous." Said Jason, stopping at a small clearing, pulled out a prism, and handed it to Steve. "What's an IM?" Asked Steve, confused why Jason was steering him into a position and posing him, one arm in the air holding the prism.

"Iris messaging now shut up. Stark's robot is probably in front of him. If he didn't move, no one else should be around him." Said Jason, moving around Steve's hand to try and make a rainbow. When that finally happened, only took 2 minutes, Jason fished out a drachma from his pocket, making Steve stare at it.

"Is that an actual drachma?" Asked Steve, clearly excited. "Yes, now don't move. If we lose this rainbow, we're fucked." Said Jason, tossing in the drachma. "Oh Fleecy, do me a solid. Show me Nico Di Angelo at Avengers tower."

Steve looked, accepting that the drachma vanished into thin air. I mean, he got turned from a toothpick into a guy that took 12 steroids at once, one of his best friend's alive and the same age as when he supposedly died, and he fought aliens. Pretty much nothing shocks him at this point.

Except when Nico's face came into view. He kind of understood how that worked since Iris was the goddess of the rainbows and communication. There was one thing he didn't understand though. "Isn't Arcus her Roman equivalent?"

Jason sighed. "We can talk later dude. Sorry Nico." The image of Nico chuckled. "Is he bugging you with a mountain of questions?" Asked Nico in Latin, making Jason nod. "Back to the point of the IM, you're gonna have to shadow travel in front of them and I'm not sure how the Mist is gonna fix that." Nico groaned.