☄*ೃ Eight ☄*ೃ

Tw: mentions of blood/injuries
╔═════ ∘◦⛧ミ◦∘ ══════╗

Y/n Pov:

Everything happened so fast, and I only felt frozen in my place as the four members of the Dream SMP rushed into battle. I didn't have much time to process what had happened with Eret before I unsheathed my diamond sword. Summoning my shield to my non-dominant arm and quickly brought it up to defend myself from the swing of George's sword. The sound of swords and axes clashing together filled the room.

George's arms had been raised high to swing down onto my shield, so I quickly swung my sword at his abdomen. The brunet was able to mostly dodge the attack by jumping backward, although the sword managed to cut through the skin on his side that had not been covered by his shimmering armor. It wasn't a deep enough cut to do any real damage, but it was already causing his blue shirt to soak up with blood in the area.

I was able to steal a glance towards the others while George stumbled back slightly, after being caught off guard by my attack. I was able to see Tommy and Tubbo working together in an attempt to fight off Dream. Before I could look for anyone else, George had begun to advance towards me again.

I steadied my feet, they were shoulder-width apart with my non-dominant foot forward more than my dominant one. I was holding my shield in front of me to block George's attacks, while my grip tightened on the leather hilt of my sword. We exchanged several hits to the other's shields until I found myself distracted by a scream. George was able to dig his sword into the side of my leg. I found myself stumbling, my back hitting the wall to keep myself from falling to the ground.

I caught a glimpse of Wilbur trying his best to fight off Punz, who was moving with quick and precise attacks. Wilbur's attacks, and defense, appeared to be weak and it was clear the man was exhausted. Glancing in the other direction, I could see Fundy fighting laying on the ground, covered in blood. I felt a mix of worry, sadness, and anger in me as I saw Sapnap laughing next to the poor fox.

George's laugh brought me from my thoughts as he swung his sword once more, which I had managed to deflect with my shield. I could feel my legs shaking as it became harder to hold up my weight when the wound on my leg became painfully obvious to me now. I figured the adrenaline was enough to keep me from feeling the pain until now. I leaned back against the wall for support.

My head began to pound, most likely from blood loss from the large gash. George swung his netherite sword once again, this time the blade buried itself deep into my shoulder. I could feel a pair of eyes staring at me as my face scrunched up in pain. The sword was removed as quickly as it had been placed there.

George moved away, and I was able to see that now Wilbur was laying on the ground, blood was pooling in the area around him and soaked his uniform. I was finally able to see Tommy and Tubbo again. Tubbo, like Wilbur, was laying on the ground, although his eyes were closed, as Wilbur's were open and scanning the area, even though he was unable to move without immense pain. I watched as Tommy struggled to fight the masked man any longer and was kicked to the ground next to Tubbo.

I felt the urge to run over and help the two younger boys but my legs gave out on me the moment I attempted to stand up. I heard coughing and turned my head to see Fundy moving slightly from where he was laying. I glanced up to see Sapnap had been staring at me, a look of guilt was present on his face before he turned away. I watched as the four, now five, member of the Dream SMP exited from the 'Final Control Room.'

It hurt to see Eret go, I was quite fond of her, that's what made their betrayal hurt even worse. It didn't have the time to set in until now, he was the reason we were all feeling this pain, both physically and emotionally.

I turned my gaze to Wilbur as he shifted from where he lay. He propped himself against the wall, his eyes briefly making contact with mine from across the room. I could tell he was looking over my injuries, once the eye contact had been broken.

The room was painfully silent, the loud clashing of weapons was long gone and all that remained was heavy breathing, which slowly steadied itself, causing the room to lose even more sound. No one wanted to stay anything, everyone was probably still soaking in the fact that they had been betrayed.

I couldn't help but think back to my training session the other day with Eret. We had so much fun talking and training together. I found myself wondering if they felt as much pain from the betrayal as I, and the rest of L'Manburg, felt. This led me back to the fight that had just occurred not long before. I didn't see Eret fighting. It was only Dream, Sapnap, Punz, and George. This gave me slight hope that Eret wasn't completely against us the whole time.

───☆彡★彡───

Sapnap Pov:

Why did I feel guilty? I knew L'Manburg wouldn't be able to win the war anyway, it's what they get for not surrendering when they had the chance. The memory of Y/n sitting against the wall, covered in their blood, played over and over in my mind before my thoughts had been interrupted by the other members of my team.

They had been cheering each other on and bragging about the fight they put up. It didn't take long for Dream to start pressing about George's wounds, despite his protests that he was fine. I plastered a smile to my face, and joined in, telling about my fight with Fundy. I had hoped it would distract my thoughts, and it worked for a bit until we returned to the base. Dream and George left to tend to the British man's injuries, who's were much worse than Dream's.

I left Punz and Eret alone to go tend to my wounds. As I said my goodbyes for the night and congratulated the two others, I could see the smile on Eret's face waver slightly. They also must be feeling guilt from the battle.

"They decided to betray them, they shouldn't be feeling any guilt," I muttered under my breath as I closed the door to my room.

╚═════ ∘◦ ミ⛧ ◦∘ ═════╝

A/n: So sorry for the late update, I've been super busy this past week. I will try to update more regularly!
And always remember to eat, hydrate, and get plenty of sleep. Take care of yourselves <3