☄*ೃ Eighteen ☄*ೃ

╔═════ ∘◦⛧ミ◦∘ ══════╗

Y/n Pov:

I knew it would probably be the safest option to leave and head back to L'Manburg, as it didn't appear Sapnap would be meeting me tonight. However, every time I decided I should go, I found myself unable to actually commit to it.

What if I leave and he shows up immediately after? He'll think that I didn't want to see him.

It was the same thought every time. I had debated with myself five or six times before I finally found myself rising to my feet. I stood there for several moments, urging myself to just take the step and walk home, but my hopes were too high.

Just a couple more minutes I had told myself over and over for what seemed like hours. I sat back down into the soft grass, looking up at the slightly clouded night sky. The moon was falling lower and lower towards the horizon every time that I checked.

I knew the sun would be rising soon but I couldn't find the courage to leave yet, and I'm glad I didn't. My face lit up, I was sure of it, I could feel my eyes widen as a smile grew across my face once I saw the familiar figure emerge from the trees. I immediately pushed myself up and off the ground.

I resisted the urge to run straight to him as he approached at a speedy pace. The moment he was right in front of me, we both instantly pulled the other into a tight embrace. I melted into his touch as his arms wrapped around me. He laid his head on my shoulder for a couple of moments before breaking the silence.

"I'm so sorry I'm late, but I'm here now," he whispered. I could feel his grip around me tightening slightly as if he was afraid that if he let go I wouldn't be there anymore.

I could feel the hesitation as his grip loosened and our arms fell back to our sides. I could see a light red tint on his face as he awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck. There was no doubt in my mind that my face wasn't just as, if not more red than his.

"I'm just glad you were able to make it," I said softly with a small smile on my face. We both stood in comfortable silence for a couple of minutes, just basking in each other's presence.

I glanced at the sky again, I could barely see the moon anymore and knew it must have fallen beneath the trees by this point. It was almost morning. An idea quickly popped into my mind.

Before I could even process it, I grabbed Sapnap's hand and took off towards the forest. I glanced back as the two of us sped up into a jog, I could see the confusion on his face. His expression softened when he saw my smile and I led the two of us further into the forest.

Then we reached it, a large hill that was sprouting in the forest. I let go of his hand, feeling the cold air surround my palm replacing the warmth his hand provided. Once at the top of the hill I stopped, staring out at the horizon.

I didn't need to turn my head to know the raven-haired man arrived next to me. I was focused on the transitioning sky as the sun barely peeked over the edge of the world. The soft reds, oranges, and yellows were gradually beginning to take over the dark blue that covered the sky throughout the night.

"Wilbur and I used to come here and watch the sunrise all the time," I spoke, remembering the countless times we would run out here together. The nostalgia wasn't as pleasant as I had hoped.

It hurt more than I was expecting. I couldn't help but wonder how this happened. We used to be so close, and now he and I were drifting so far apart it hurt to remember the good times together. I would be lying if I said I didn't miss it, that I didn't envy my past self for still having my best friend.

A hand on my shoulder brought me back out of my suffocating thoughts. I turned my head, seeing a concerned expression plastered across Sapnap's face. I gave him a weak smile before turning my attention back to the slowly changing sky.

"I've missed this," I said finally as the sun was now becoming slowly visible along the horizon. Sapnap's hand slowly moved across my back to my other shoulder, the one further away from him. I leaned into his figure, leaning my head against his shoulder as we both stood on the hill.

"This is nice," I spoke after a long while, all of my worries and problems seemed trivial now. I felt happy, free, and safe here. I turned to look at Sapnap and noticed he wasn't even paying attention to the sunset.

"Yeah, it is," he spoke softly as he watched me with a grin. I could feel my face heating up slightly, causing a slight chuckle from the man next to me.

I didn't even have time to fully process what was happening, it was as if my brain had completely shut off the moment I saw him close his eyes and begin to lean in. It all went by in slow motion as I felt drawn into him.

Both of our heads immediately turned at the sound of an all too recognizable voice. I felt my eyes widen as my gaze met with that of the blond's blue eyes. The lanky kid took off into the forest, back in the direction of L'Manburg.

I stood frozen in place. I gave an apologetic look to Sapnap and he nodded in response. I gave him a very brief hug before running after the British teen.

"Tommy get back here! I can explain!"

╚═════ ∘◦ ミ⛧ ◦∘ ═════╝

A/n: bruh I literally just hit 1k reads a few chapters ago and I'm already at 2k, I can't thank you enough for all of the support.

Seriously I love you all (/p) please take care of yourselves, drink water, eat food, get plenty of rest. Y'all deserve it <333