☄*ೃ Thirty-Three ☄*ೃ

╔═════ ∘◦⛧ミ◦∘ ══════╗

Y/n Pov:

Saying goodbye to Sapnap had been painful after we both confessed our feelings after all of this time, but we both knew it had to be done. It had only been a couple of minutes since we had split ways, but it felt like an eternity. I fought the urge to turn back and run back to his warm embrace.

I let out a sigh as I forced myself to keep going through the woods, stumbling slightly over my own feet as I tried my best to ignore the ever-present pain in my chest and arm. I tried my best to recall the way back home. My actual home. Before we parted ways, Sapnap and I had agreed on a plan. He would convince everyone that I was dead so that they wouldn't come looking for me.

I didn't know when I would be able to see him again, or if I even would. The journey I was on wasn't going to be an easy one, especially with injuries that could reopen just from the movement of each step took. The health potion did the best it could, but the wounds wouldn't continue to heal very fast with regeneration. I also found myself worrying about Sapnap's safety.

There was still the possibility that with the war continuing between L'Manburg and the Greater Dream SMP, that he could be injured or killed in the fighting. We were both taking risks in our decisions, and I almost wish I had accepted when he offered to come with me back home to my brother and longtime friend. I knew that he would have to stay behind, however. If he were to run away with me, someone would most definitely come after us, most likely Dream.

It felt as if we had gone through every possibility of how we could still be together, but in the end, our efforts were fruitless. Each plan had its flaws, and the one we settled on definitely had its own, but we came to the conclusion that it was what needed to be done.

I figured I would go home, and stay there for a while until I was sure the war was over and things had blown over back in the lands of L'Manburg and the SMP. I had hope that once the war was over, I would be free to return, announce that I had survived and escaped and Sapnap and I could be together in peace at last.

I found myself stumbling my way up a steep incline, immediately recognizing the hill. So many memories flooding back to me. Watching the sunsets with Wilbur, bringing Sapnap here, and Tommy interrupting our moment. As I looked over the side after reaching the top, I could see the moon was beginning its slow descent from the sky and figured I only had a couple more hours to get out of here before the sun rose.

I gazed across the horizon of the direction I had just come from. I could see the buildings of the SMP in the distance, as well as the familiar black walls of L'Manburg that I had been trapped behind for so long. I took a deep breath before turning away from the sight, glancing off in the opposite direction. My eyes narrowed slightly, giving myself a quick nod of encouragement and starting off down the other side of the hill.

I knew it would take a while to reach my destination, even if I didn't get lost along the way. It felt pretty slow by horse when I had first made the trip upon Wilbur's invitation to join his country. My brother was upset with my decision, as he has a strong hatred of governments. He tried to convince me not to go, but I didn't listen. I wasn't sure if I regretted my decision or not. In the end, Wilbur and Tommy turned on me, but I had also found someone I cared about more than I knew was possible.

Just as I expected, the trip was slow and excruciating, and being injured and make the journey by foot wasn't helping either. The hours passed slowly, the only sound I heard for most of the trip was the sound of my footsteps crunching leaves and the sound of my own breath. The sun rose and lowered and I found myself leaning up against the trunk of a tree, letting myself sink down to the ground to get some rest for the night knowing I'll need it to keep going.

I followed the process for two more days, I wasn't sure if I could be considered sane by the end of it. I had repeatedly found myself talking to myself, playing out different scenarios in my head of what Phil and Technoblade were going to say when I arrived back at their house in the snow. I would talk out loud, rehearsing what I was going to say to them, and planned what to tell them and what to leave out.

My energy was running low by the third day, it was about 3 pm when I finally saw the snow. My eyes grew wide in excitement. I had felt the chilly air for a while so I knew I had to be getting close. I found myself soon wearing myself put after having reached the freezing biome.

I trudged through the snow, which was a couple of inches thick. I could feel my body shivering and becoming exhausted as I shuffled my way through the snow that was higher than my ankles at this point. I could feel myself slowing down as the cold was getting to me. My eyes drooped in exhaustion and I felt my legs beginning to give out on me.

The last thing I remembered was feeling my body lay down in a soft, cold blanket of snow, telling myself I needed just a little break.

╚═════ ∘◦ ミ⛧ ◦∘ ═════╝

A/n: reminders! Eat food! Drink water! Get sleep! I love you all so much (/p) so please take care of yourselves <333333