☄*ೃ Sixteen☄*ೃ

╔═════ ∘◦⛧ミ◦∘ ══════╗

Y/n Pov:

"I know you're there Tommy," I called out, not even needing to turn around as I halted from my brisk pace. The sun had set about an hour ago and I began to follow my nightly routine of sneaking out to hang out with Sapnap. It had been pretty obvious the blond boy was following me for several minutes now.

To be honest, he wasn't that great at being stealthy. If his loud footsteps weren't enough of a giveaway, it was also pretty easy to hear him muttering swears, whenever he would trip over a root, or walk into a low-hanging branch.

I had walked the path so many times, I had the way memorized down to every root and branch. Tommy was unfamiliar with the trail, not knowing the placement of the little things that could give him away.

I could hear his loud footsteps come to an immediate stop after I had spoken. No more crunching leaves, just the soft whistling of the breeze blowing through the air and the gentle rustling of leaves on the branches.

"I'm not stupid, you know," I said as I turned my head to look back, catching a brief glance of red and white. I rolled my eyes and continued on, breaking away from my normal path. I heard the footsteps continue again from behind me after a few moments. I ducked under a low branch and around a tree, pushing my back against the rough bark.

I listened carefully as the thundering steps of the blond continued for a moment before stopping. I slowed my breathing, being careful not to make any noise as I stood completely still. I could hear light shuffling as Tommy moved around the trees.

I peeked out to see the tall kid glancing through the trees, and immediately pulling myself back out of sight. After a few moments, his footsteps began again, growing fainter with each step he took. I waited for what felt like forever before stepping away from the tree and going back to find the path.

I had been extra cautious after finding my way back to the familiar trail. Every small noise I heard caused me to stop and survey my surroundings, fearing Tommy found me again. After no sight of him, I would resume my trek through the trees.

I felt my heart immediately drop as I reached the edge of the clearing. It was empty. I glanced around for any sign that Sapnap had been nearby, but the area looked completely untouched. I could feel the disappointment and anxiety ebbing away at me.

I found myself concerned about whether something had happened to him or wondering if he just didn't want to be around me anymore. My mind began to wander, pondering if it was something that I had done or said that kept the pretty arsonist from returning to our spot together. Maybe it was because I had cut off our time together so suddenly when Tommy arrived, I wasn't sure.

I was so lost in my thoughts and worries, I didn't even notice the tall figure standing along the edge of the trees watching me.

───☆彡★彡───

Tommy Pov:

I hoped if I didn't move or make a sound, Y/n  would convince themself that I wasn't there, and they were only hearing some sort of animal, like a deer or something. After their movement resumed, I began following them again, hoping they wouldn't be able to hear my footsteps over their own.

"Shit," I mumbled under my breath as another branch hidden by the forest's layer of darkness left a slim and shallow scratch on my cheek. There were only a few gaps between the leaves of the canopy that allowed limited moonlight to seep down to the forest floor.

I took several more steps before stopping. I looked around, squinting my eyes in a desperate attempt to find where Y/n went. I listened carefully, not hearing anything that could give me a lead to the direction they left in.

I walked through a couple of trees before stopping again. I was so confused as to how I managed to lose them when I had been so close to them the whole time.

Fuck. What do I tell Wilbur if I can't find them?

I knew I couldn't go back early and without any information. I chose a direction at random and hoped I wasn't heading the wrong way. I walked on looking for any signs they had been there. It had felt like hours since I lost their trail, who knows how much time had actually passed.

I glanced around and sighed, finally excepting that for the first and only time in my life that I was wrong. I had chosen the wrong direction and honestly, that's what I get for picking a way at random. I leaned against a tree and pushed my hands through my messy blond hair, letting out a frustrated sigh. I took to thinking.

I thought back to the night before when I had found Y/n after being more successful at following them. If only I had stayed further back this time. It was a lesson I would have to learn for the next time, that and learn where they went every night.

That's when it hit me. The clearing. They must have somehow looped around me to get back to the clearing I found last night. I quickly pushed myself off of the tree glancing around, trying to remember the direction that I had come from.

I only hoped it wasn't too late to get any information by the time I found my way back to what I assumed was their meeting spot where they would discuss how to stop our revolution.

I took off in a mad sprint once I had found the faint markings of my footprints where they had pushed down the grass. I weaved through the trees until I found an area that looked familiar to me. It was then that I saw a new set of footprints on the grass.

I grinned, hoping that I could still find something to bring back to Wilbur, and then he would be proud of me for catching another traitor. I ran along the path of footprints, slowing down once I saw the moonlight becoming brighter where the trees thinned out.

I stood along the edge of the treeline looking into the open area. Y/n was sitting on the ground, their back was mostly towards me, if they turned their head just slightly I would be right in their line of sight.

However, something seemed off with them, they weren't moving, they weren't talking to themself as they claimed to be doing the night before. They were still and silent, almost as if they were a statue frozen in place.

I knew whatever they were doing, it couldn't be anything good.

╚═════ ∘◦ ミ⛧ ◦∘ ═════╝

A/n: This was a super busy weekend for me so I am exhausted, I stayed up too late to get this chapter done. I think I found most of my grammatical and spelling mistakes, so I'm sorry if I missed any.

Anyways I hope you all have a wonderful day/night/whatever and please remember to take care of yourselves, you'll thank yourself for it later. Drink lots of water, be sure to eat and get sleep!! (I'm such a hypocrite)

I love you all so much ( /p ) , be kind to yourself <33333